16' Series New 2nd hand expanda owner needs help

pmdorney1

Dec 1, 2012
Hi to all members,

this week I bought a 2nd hand soft top 2005 jayco 16.49.3 expanda. I opened it up in minutes by my self to give it a clean and put my belongings in it.

When I was done I went to fold the beds made up with no result after a lot of huff and puff. then I stripped the beds and managed to put one end up after go no#8. I was exhausted but proud and went to do the same to the other end but couldnt get it. I gave up in the heat. I must be doing something wrong.

If anyone can give me a few tips on folding up the beds,whether they need to be stripped bare before folding, if the mattress needs to on the hinge or in front of it etc I would appreciate it.

I tried to do this on my own, is it usually a 2 person job? if I had tried to do this at a caravan park I would not have been able to leave.

please help!!!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
No it should be a job for 1 person.

Check that the small fold over part of the mattress (it is towards the outmost part of the bed) has been folded. There are 2 folds to the mattress to enable you to stow the bed ends.

PM me if you're still having trouble.

BOD

Reactions: pmdorney1

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
whether they need to be stripped bare before folding, if the mattress needs to on the hinge or in front of it

stripped? - just sheets/mattress protector should be OK, not a thick doona.
on hinge? - no, after doing the 2 folds, it should be in front of the hinge (ie towards the outside end of the van)
I have a hard lid so not quite sure how different mine is. On mine, have to make sure you only strap the mattress - don't strap up the metal hoop and make sure it is clear of the canvas.

Reactions: pmdorney1

pmdorney1

Dec 1, 2012
Thanks to all, I have stripped the bed, folded in the small part of the mattress and have got it ...finally! I even did it several times to be sure.

Again, I appreciate everybodies fast response and assistance!