Need to replace flywire.

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
Hi,
I have torn the flywire on our Expanda fold out bed. Has anyone had a similar repair job done on the Sunshine Coast?
I would like to take it to a business that has some experience with Expanda repairs. I'm located in the Noosa area.

Thanks
Jeff

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
How bad is the tear? @crustt has advised others to stitch some fly wire over the tear with a pic he maybe able to help. He is a motor trimmer by trade.

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
How bad is the tear? @crustt has advised others to stitch some fly wire over the tear with a pic he maybe able to help. He is a motor trimmer by trade.

It quite a bad tear, I really want it replaced. I have rang a few places but none have repaired an Expanda before, and it sounds quite expensive.
I don't mind travelling a few hundred clicks to have the job done.
Thanks for your help.

Jeff

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Pull the canvas part off the bed end yourself, it's very easy, will make a big difference. Then take it to the repairer, what do you call expensive? You can get a budget job and it looks like a budget job, or you can pay to have it pulled apart and done properly so you would not know it had been done.

Reactions: 17triton

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
Thanks crustt, the repair was quoted as around $250, and perhaps that much again to remove and reinstall it. If it is easy to remove then I'll do that bit myself.

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
I thought so as well, but $500.00 all up seemed a bit rich to me. I'll have a go at removing it myself and then take it to a trimmer.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
If you have any trouble getting it back together, I'm here.

You may want to consider replacing the flywire with Shade cloth or breezeaway, they will last much longer.

Is that one end or both ends you are doing?

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
But postage is the killer, between 60 and 100 dollars each way, better to get some one locally anyway as you can take more work to them if you are satisfied, once you have it off and they can see it and it just a flywire fix the price may come down a bit.