VIC - For Sale Nagambie Lakes Caravan Park

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
We have camped a few times at Nagambie Lakes caravan park, due to it's close proximity to Whittlesea. Easy to zip up there for a weekend. The park has been re-furbished over the last few years since being bought by the Jayco group.

Has all types of sites available including en-suite. Prices are about $60 for powered or $75 for ensuite for a family of four.

Has all the usual stuff for the kids, jumping pillow, nice big pool, tennis courts, activity room and playground. Has Lake Nagambie on one side and the Goulburn River on the other, so it is a great spot for water sports, kayaking and fishing. Also during the busy periods they do movie nights etc for the kids. There is also a restaurant and kiosk located in the park.

It is usually pretty quiet, but BE WARNED, long weekends and holidays, because of it's closeness to Melbourne, it becomes a mini Melbourne!! There is a lot of permanent vans/cabins there as well, but they are all at the other end of the park. The only other issue is trucks passing through during the night. The park is across the lake from the town but the noise travels. But this should change soon when the bypass around the town is finished.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Yep we like the fact it is a quick get away with access to the lake for the canoe.

We avoid it between Melbourne Cup through to end of Easter as it is really busy and you can't have the dog during this period.

crmmg

Was up there over the Easter period. Our first time at this park, and we were very impressed. Yes it was very busy over the main easter days, but it soon cleared out by Easter monday night. Would have loved to have stayed for the rest of the week.
Facilities are great, and a beaut little town. Will go back

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
Good to know as we were pondering Nagambie for a close destination.

When you say Jayco group do you mean the factory or the Prestige group? ..... so that should mean all Jayco vans get mates rates ;)

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
Beware the new Management of Nagambie Lakes Park - enter at your own peril!!

I found a recent post on trip advisor by an unlucky camper, and added my own as we also got the same treatment.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...isure_Park-Nagambie_Victoria.html#UR187222936

This is my trip advisor post -
The previous Managers were a delight and went out of their way to make your stay a great time. However, they have moved on and unfortunately the new Manager goes out of his way to be rude and try to belittle the guests. Because i didnt park my caravan to his exact liking he wanted to know how long I had been caravaning and and that I didnt know what I was doing. A site neighbour then got a scowl from him also as he had parked his camper trailer to take in the view.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I wonder if this guy runs the place never read so many bad reviews in a row.
fawlty_towers_basil.jpg

Reactions: dakky68