My Mods - 16.49-2

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Whilst I have only recently sold this van in preparation for our newly ordered 20.62-3 Starcraft Outback, I thought the following might me of interest to some of you.
The van is a 16.49-2 Outback.
Cheers
Andrew

Table transport. Using 'lashing hooks' riveted to the underside of the bed, this table travelled for years in this position. A rubber strip at the base and behind the table kept it off the white surface. Two roof rack straps kept it in place.
011.jpg

Two extra (marine) hatches allowed easy access under the seat/bunk bed. $50 each.
I posted instructions on how to put these earlier this evening.

P1070040.jpg

These baskets below came from Bunnings and fit in the wardrobe with no modifications. I screwed them down with self tappers.

315.jpg

Curtains from the ceiling matched those at each bed end to give the bunks some privacy.

317.jpg

Double drawers under the bottom bunk were very useful. I ordered the drawers fronts from Jayco and 'copied' another drawer already installed. A little tricky but well worth it.

P1070399.jpg

You'll notice the base of the table is offset. Using a dog leg post, this allows the table (which I made smaller with MDF) to be moved to almost any position. Over the bed. Centred between the seats. Close over one of the seats (saves weetbix everywhere!) etc etc.

P1070394.jpg

P1070391.jpg

P1070393.jpg

Reactions: MastoCamper