18' Series Mounting TV on the wall

Scotty573

Aug 10, 2015
Melbourne
hi guys
Can anyone advise if I can mount a TV on the wall (next to the antenna connection as you walk in the door on your left) I was told the wall is not strong enough to hold the bracket. I have an expanda 18.57 -9.
Thanks

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
That's were mine is mounted. Not sure if any extra bracing was put in. As a precaution I take my tv off when traveling, don't like the ideas of bouncing TVs when going over corrugations. Put it back in its box and slide it into the closet with the spare pillows.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
From what I've seen and heard unless it has been made with the TV mount bracing fitted during the build No, the wall will not support a TV mount.........it is only a thin bit of ply, maybe 4mm at most with styro behind it. Go for bench top or a cupboard where you can brace it internally.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
From what I've seen and heard unless it has been made with the TV mount bracing fitted during the build No, the wall will not support a TV mount.........it is only a thin bit of ply, maybe 4mm at most with styro behind it. Go for bench top or a cupboard where you can brace it internally.

I can confirm our mid to late 2014 build only has the thin ply on the back of the cupboard in the designated TV spot. I have since purchased a TV and bracket but apart from the thin material our A/C pipes run right up the middle. I am looking for a cupbard door of a similar finish which is obviously thicker to insert as a false back.

Scotty573

Aug 10, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks drover, I think I will go for a piece of 12mm board and fit that between the top and bottom cupboard and secure same with liquid nails to the wall. Then mount to that.
Cheers
Scotty

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
i used an alum plate sica flexed and screwed next to window frame, works well, no issues, remove tv for transit image-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Marv_mart

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Looked into different wall mount options for our TV so that it could stay in situ while traveling... One less thing to setup/packup 8-)
Ended up fitting a vertical pole mounted on the bench-top and overhead cupboard with a modified TV bracket mounted to it with U-bolts!
Img_0556.jpg Img_0557.jpg

Wing nuts can be loosened and TV spun around for viewing from the bed end!

Reactions: Drover

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We had the TV bracket fitted when they built it so they added the wall reinforcing.

I then added the TV later, and it now stays mounted all the time without issue.

Most manufactures will fit a 'tapping plate' inside the wall to mount things onto, but if not ordered at the time of build, it's just ply.