16' Series motorbike rack

veswelt

May 17, 2015
vic
Hi All we got our 16 ft expanda a few months ago and love it!! Had a leaking tap issue as we got it second hand but just had to pull it appart and sit the o ring back in place and it was all good!
I have made a rack so i can take my dirt bike away with us as this is what i do when im camping in the bush.
This is only suitable on outback models as they have the rhs rails all the way through to the rear to attach to strongly. see the picture. Works great and only get a little swey when both water tanks are full onlytravelling at 110KMS.
Travelling at 100 KMS is fine and with no water even better. It reduces my ball weight a bit so no need for swey bars. Im a fitter and turner so am handy a making thinks like this, wouldnt suggest it to someone who has no experience with metal work. I basically mounted a mo-tow rack on 2 pieces of rhs bolted in the rhs of the van.
Also putting a permanent jockey wheel is better as it never can slip out like the standard ones.

Attachments

• 20150821_174534.jpg
    20150821_174534.jpg
    888 KB · Views: 226

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi All we got our 16 ft expanda a few months ago and love it!! Had a leaking tap issue as we got it second hand but just had to pull it appart and sit the o ring back in place and it was all good!
I have made a rack so i can take my dirt bike away with us as this is what i do when im camping in the bush.
This is only suitable on outback models as they have the rhs rails all the way through to the rear to attach to strongly. see the picture. Works great and only get a little swey when both water tanks are full onlytravelling at 110KMS.
Travelling at 100 KMS is fine and with no water even better. It reduces my ball weight a bit so no need for swey bars. Im a fitter and turner so am handy a making thinks like this, wouldnt suggest it to someone who has no experience with metal work. I basically mounted a mo-tow rack on 2 pieces of rhs bolted in the rhs of the van.
Also putting a permanent jockey wheel is better as it never can slip out like the standard ones.
Looks good . I've been toying with the same idea