Electrical Moisture in LED running lights

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
I have noticed that all of the external LED marker lights located at the top of my caravan have moisture in them. They eventually dry out, but display moisture inside them everyone it rains or I wash the caravan. It only happens to the top 4 marker lights. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it normal?
Cheers
Nick

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Had the same issue in one of my clearance lights with one of the three LEDs stop working.
Jayco replaced the part outside warranty but they are a bugger to fit so haven't yet put it on. (If you lose the cable down the front it can be very difficult to retrieve. And there's a lot of silicon involved...).

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Don't worry about a littler moisture in them, unless they stop working like @twscoot did. I have worked with manufactures of these for many years, almost every LED on the market gets some moisture in them because if they were sealed perfectly they would explode from the pressure inside when they get really hot, or suck in water when they a hot and it rains etc However they should be potted (circuits completely covered in resin) and this is where the problem begins with cheap lights.

Reactions: Rockape