20' Series Mattress size on a 20.64-1

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
Hiya everyone,
Just curious if someone with a 2014/2015/2016 - 20.64-1 OB Expanda could measure the width of the front and rear mattresses. I ask because our mattress does not fit between the tent hoop when closed, is this normal? Our 2015 Expanda had no dramas with this. Would be good also if someone with last years model could take a pic of where the wire stay attached to the base.
Thanks in advance.

Shane

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Mine does the same thing at both ends.

I put the hoop under the mattress and this gives plenty of space when closed, I used to sit it on top and strap it in and it still worked but although its a little fiddly getting it back out when opening it has created more space for me to store loose soft items there now.

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Hiya everyone,
Just curious if someone with a 2014/2015/2016 - 20.64-1 OB Expanda could measure the width of the front and rear mattresses. I ask because our mattress does not fit between the tent hoop when closed, is this normal? Our 2015 Expanda had no dramas with this. Would be good also if someone with last years model could take a pic of where the wire stay attached to the base.
Thanks in advance.

Shane

I dropped my Expanda off to Jayco yesterday for its first service and asked the same question. The hoop on our 20.64 seems to be under great pressure when strapped down over the mattress but this is how they have shown us to do it. I will see what they have to say when we collect it, I think the point was made when I showed them how it crushes the mattress. I will let you know.

Reactions: Panda Shell

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Mine does the same thing at both ends.

I put the hoop under the mattress and this gives plenty of space when closed, I used to sit it on top and strap it in and it still worked but although its a little fiddly getting it back out when opening it has created more space for me to store loose soft items there now.
That's how I do it after reading it here somewhere and it works fine. A little more effort to pack/unpack and is a very neat solution.

Reactions: Panda Shell

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
I dropped my Expanda off to Jayco yesterday for its first service and asked the same question. The hoop on our 20.64 seems to be under great pressure when strapped down over the mattress but this is how they have shown us to do it. I will see what they have to say when we collect it, I think the point was made when I showed them how it crushes the mattress. I will let you know.

If you look at other model expandas the brackets on the bed base sit the other way around which puts the bows on the outside. The mattress would then fit.