Exterior Location of "Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle" sign

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I've got myself a "Do not overtake turning vehicle" sign for the back of the van.
It is a 2 piece sign, each piece is 800mm x 75mm.
I believe the sign is to be mounted between 400mm and 2000mm measured off level ground.
Does anyone know if I can have the sign central (equal distance from left and right) or does it need to start at the extreme left?

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Considering that it is not compulsory for you to have the marking and that the sticker you have doesn't meet the regulation or category as described in the abovementioned VSB. I'd put it central.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Considering that it is not compulsory for you to have the marking and that the sticker you have doesn't meet the regulation or category as described in the abovementioned VSB. I'd put it central.
And this is where my dilemma lies!
The way I read it, I am not required to display "rear marking plates" although I am required to comply with the last paragraph in relation to signage if I intend turning left without staying in the left lane.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
And this is where my dilemma lies!
The way I read it, I am not required to display "rear marking plates" although I am required to comply with the last paragraph in relation to signage if I intend turning left without staying in the left lane.

Just put one of these on the back instead.
Screenshot_2015-01-02-18-23-08-1.png

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Having driven trucks for ages and had these stupid signs on the back I can tell you they are of no use, the idiots still come up the inside and when you run over them they don't get in the poo you do ,as it seems the sign means nothing. Don't bother with them.
If they don't have the correct markings being manufacturer, relevant reg numbers etc then ditch them.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Having driven trucks for ages and had these stupid signs on the back I can tell you they are of no use, the idiots still come up the inside and when you run over them they don't get in the poo you do ,as it seems the sign means nothing. Don't bother with them.
If they don't have the correct markings being manufacturer, relevant reg numbers etc then ditch them.
Nah, the signs are ridgey didge although I could only get Iveco ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 249