14' Series Lifting the Main Table in my 14.44, to low to sit. Advice?

May 1, 2017
Hobart
Ok so the main table in our 14.44 seams really low and i struggle to slide under it.

Question, can the table be lifted further up the wall and use the mounting strait to the wall as it currently has?

I would like to lift it up about 40mm at least. The leg will be sorted by a spacer out of timber.

I am just not sure if there is some sort of structural support in the wall where it is or simply just lift up and bolt up???

Advice

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
I have a 14.44.4 ob and had the same problem. I did exactly as you are planning to do, I just screwed into the wall and have had no problems at all and all I did with the leg was keep a small block of wood under the table to prop the leg. kept it all nice and simple. 3yrs now and all ok.
Another trick I did was to trim the bottom of the edge moulding on the table ,ours was about 5mm wider than the edge and it was rubbing on our legs , just used a nice sharp Stanley knife and trimmed off the excess.
Cheers

May 1, 2017
Hobart
Thanks mate. Yeah i no longer have the lip as i installed some 8mm oak strips when i converted the table into a bed as well. Nice and easy.

Thanks for the info.

May 1, 2017
Hobart
AND done, 45mm lift, took 30 minutes, great results, sooo much easier to use. I also mover the grey hinge plates right to the outside of the table edge, the table doesn't wobble any more.

I put a bit of whit silicone in the old screw holes and it looks fairly neat, will get some white wall caps for it during
the week to tidy up a bit more.