16' Series Lid gas strut fell off

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
Hi just letting you know while I was packing up this morning,one of my gas struts on the rear of the van broke off.The screw snapped completly off and the other screwflew out. Im was in Hervy Bay Qld and moving down to Rainbow beach,no jayco dealer until Maroochydore. Fixed it myself but all the struts dont appear to be fitted well so I will call into a dealer and mention it.
"Watch out for flying screws" :apologetic:

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Hi just letting you know while I was packing up this morning,one of my gas struts on the rear of the van broke off.The screw snapped completly off and the other screwflew out. Im was in Hervy Bay Qld and moving down to Rainbow beach,no jayco dealer until Maroochydore. Fixed it myself but all the struts dont appear to be fitted well so I will call into a dealer and mention it.
"Watch out for flying screws" :apologetic:
What a bugger. Coastline caravans in Hervey Bay are wonderful you should have dropped in and seen them

Darrin

Sep 5, 2013
Birkdale Qld
Noticed only today that one arm was stiff and didn't really want to play the game , do you know if you need to oil them and with what ???

Cheers

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
This has been mentioned before, make sure you push the lids down from the centre and not from one side. I lubricate the strutts with RP7, CRC or similar

Reactions: Darrin

Darrin

Sep 5, 2013
Birkdale Qld
This has been mentioned before, make sure you push the lids down from the centre and not from one side. I lubricate the strutts with RP7, CRC or similar
Ok Jeff , thanks for the heads up , i know that some lubricants clog up after a while ,

Cheers