Electrical LED Tail lamps failing

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Have recently noticed that almost half of the LED bulbs that on both my rear tail light and indicator have blown.

My van is only 2 years old and would have thought they'd last a bit longer.

Anyone else have this issue?

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
My 2013 14.44-4OB expanda had both tail lights and one indicator light loose some of their leds when the van was around a year old. They sent me new replacements and I replaced the 3 faulty units and kept one indicator as a spare. The replacements were fine when we sold the van. The three that failed showed evidence of moisture in them. Maybe that's why they failed. From memory, they can run on a voltage from 10-30 vdc, so I doubt a high voltage would have damaged them. You could try Jayco to see if they will send you replacements. LED lights should last a very long time.
Out of curiosity have any of the running / marker lights failed?
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: achjimmy

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I had a few lights fail in one indicator at about 18 months of age. They agreed to replace the part which I fitted.
There's a very strong argument under consumer law that you should expect longer than 2 years from a set of LEDs that in reality get very little use. Jayco are pretty good at goodwill repairs though.

Reactions: Rockape