Jockey Wheels

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi everyone, just had a question about Jockey Wheels.

The standard one I got with the caravan just does not cut the mustard it bogs right in when ever I try to move the van and its on a bit of wet grass or similiar.

I had a look at the ratchet type and found a 10" solid wheel one which looks good but was wondering wether others could advise wether they have had issues with these getting bogged down when trying to move a van around on wet ground?

I wouldn't mind a pnuematic one but the price is to much.

Any help appreciated!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day Expanda,
I bought one of these to use with my old 17' Freedom. I found that, while the wheel did not actually bog, it tended to just spin on the spot rather than move the van. I will be trying it again when I get my Expanda and, if you're still interested I'll let you know.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks for the reply and welcome to the site! ;)

Would be great to hear how you get on with your one!

My new 17 footer dual axle comes in three weeks and I have found these for around the $300 mark so will be getting one as soon as possible.

EM2Ps.jpg

When I was at the dealer I spoke with them about it and they suggested they are good but just to be careful with the weld around the bracket that holds the jockey wheel to the frame as the ratchet style puts a bit of force on them.

Let us know how you get on with yours if you get another!

Jodie25

Nov 10, 2010
picasaweb.google.com
I use a pneumatic ratchet jockey wheel on the swan outback (and now the expanda 16) if the tire is not at 45psi it really struggles, I have even popped a tube. I think we will be looking at the solid wheel one or a double wheel one.