JaycoQ's 20.64.1OB

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Just picked up the van after a couple of issues were sorted. The lounge cushions were replaced after one split down the seam. Must have been the end of the roll.
The other issue was water getting inside the van and triping the power. I believe someone else had the same issue where it was coming through the fridge vent. The service guy initially said the 240 inlet was missing a seal, great fix it but doesn't explain how water would get in with the slide out, the 240 plug is underneath. They checked again and remember someone else had the same issue.
Looking at the picture there's water sitting on the vent frame. There are 3 channels running front to back, which look as though they were made for water to flow into the van.:doh:
A foam strip along the inside edge and a bead of silicone to form a ridge was the fix. Let's hope it works.

Attachments

• img20160319_161554.jpg
    img20160319_161554.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 308

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Just picked up the van after a couple of issues were sorted. The lounge cushions were replaced after one split down the seam. Must have been the end of the roll.
The other issue was water getting inside the van and triping the power. I believe someone else had the same issue where it was coming through the fridge vent. The service guy initially said the 240 inlet was missing a seal, great fix it but doesn't explain how water would get in with the slide out, the 240 plug is underneath. They checked again and remember someone else had the same issue.
Looking at the picture there's water sitting on the vent frame. There are 3 channels running front to back, which look as though they were made for water to flow into the van.:doh:
A foam strip along the inside edge and a bead of silicone to form a ridge was the fix. Let's hope it works.

I had the same thing when we picked up the van. I used a coles bag to act as a bit of flashing and it worked perfectly. The 'fix it guys' added a bit of white plastic stuff along the top of the fridge vent (glued and screwed) to act as a gutter, so hopefully no more water leaks. Unfortunately haven't been away when it has been raining so haven't had the chance to check it out. The gutter add on , I was told, is meant to be standard as it is a common leaking point. I have my fingers crossed for you that yours is fine from now on, but keep some plastic bags handy. (I took the vent off and then put it back on with the bag held in at the top and the rest of it was draped over the outside. It allowed the water to hit the bag and run straight down the outside instead of under the fridge.)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Interesting !!!!!! I wonder if they have been fitted upside down ????............must have had a design change as I haven't seen that style in the flesh, so to speak.

Reactions: bigcol

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
No not rubber backed. Haven't used them on a trip yet, the bigger mats are about 1800mm in length and non are square, cut around corners so shouldn't move much. We were using smaller square mats previously, these were ok.

Reactions: Bluey

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
" And reversed the tv antenna point to inside the tv cabinet."

I guess this is the front TV point , left side of front door stepping in. Seriously why Jayco placed mine and I assume yours facing the front bed. Which jams on the mattress opening / closing is beyond me. You would think they have never built a van before

Reactions: bigcol and rcf

rcf

Jun 15, 2014
Gladstone Qld
Its ridiculous where they put the tv antenna plug on the outside.. that was 1 of the first mods i did.. put it on the inside..
" And reversed the tv antenna point to inside the tv cabinet."

I guess this is the front TV point , left side of front door stepping in. Seriously why Jayco placed mine and I assume yours facing the front bed. Which jams on the mattress opening / closing is beyond me. You would think they have never built a van before

Reactions: Drover and bigcol