17' Series Jayco new wiring requirements

Timmac

Jun 26, 2022
Phillip island Victoria
Just an FYI for anyone getting a new van. Seems they only tell you if you ask the question.
384EE2AE-B9A6-4AE4-A163-230090060F1B.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Pretty standard 12 pin , why they persist in using the European set up in vans of White is NEG and Black is POS beggers belief as they will connect up equipment that has our 12v code of RED is POS and Black is NEG ............... Anderson Plug is basic 2 pins marked BUT check the alternator type and aux hook ups for it, not all will like a direct battery connection............. do it wrong you won't have power and your battery can be short lived, smart alternators vary so one variation doesn't apply across the board.................. research.

Be handy if they supplied a wiring diagram for the particular van build showing junctions, fuses, colour codes, not a Jayco thing either they all fail in that respect...... when doing any work on a van use a meter and don't assume the wire is what you think, trace it....

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
There a couple of significant changes in the 12 pin there:
Pin 2 is no longer the +12v general supply to van - now back to 12 pin standard of reversing light feed
Pin 8 is new +12v general (from what I can see) - also back to 12 pin standard of aux supply pin
No pin 9 for 3 way fridge
And the anderson of course for the fridge (and I assume not for any aux supply like anti-sway)

This will make sense to a (non-jayco experienced) auto electrician but no longer supports a 7 pin + anderson config

I find it funny that pin 8 specifies a higher rated fuse but thinner wire compared to the fridge

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I always check van plug with meter and then match to what tug has using the Narva diagram as reference then plugging other trailers into tug won't cause dramas usually. Nothing about a breaksafe charge circuit either.........................