20' Series Jayco expanda 20.64 OB

badbully

Jun 10, 2020
Brisbane
Looking at some advice before we buy a second hand expanda 6/2015 20ft expanda. Anything to look out for? Has extended A-frame , the fridge looks small compared to other expandas... Family of 5 kids 6,4&2. Thanks for any advice.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I don't know of any particular *issues* with the model - just the obvious things you would look for. Battery condition, tyres (manufacturing date, tread wear patterns, etc), condition of canvas on the bed end(s).

You can generally tell from the condition of a van how it has been treated.

Also jump underneath and look at the floor, open all cupboards (esp around fill points for the tanks) as Jayco's have a habit of not connecting the plumbing sometimes so you may find some evidence of a previous leak, etc. The roof will not be flat like the sides so expect it to look like a surf beach (it's normal). Lokos for any resealing, etc.

badbully

Jun 10, 2020
Brisbane
Thankyou Macca, it's had the one owner he has kept it in very very good condition, as good as the new one we looked at, in the jayco dealership. I previously had a swan outback 2007 so I sorta know what to look out for in the jaycos. Appreciate your advice mate.