16' Series Insurance

Jimbo

Sep 29, 2015
Perth
Gday guys
First time poster. I love this site! I stumbled on it whilst researching my new purchase.
But I've got a question re insurance. What are people's recommendation on insurance for Expanda's? Any companies that specialize?
Cheers

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day @Jimbo and welcome :welcome: to the forum. Help is at hand from the members and if you have a look here you will find it has been discussed at length. I assume the information will still be valid so it will still give you some options.

Tell us a bit about yourself and your rig and we love pictures. :photo::photo:

Reactions: dagree

Where to next

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
I chose to go with Allianz. They were a little cheaper than other quotes that I had but the main reason for choosing them was they have a $100 excess which was a lot cheaper than other insurance companies. They also have a new for old replacement policy for caravans up to 2 years old. As mine was a brand new caravan I thought it was a pretty good peace of mind.

sparky0278

Aug 30, 2015
Victoria
Be gentle first post, but we recently purchased our new 16' expanda and after weeks of research we found QBE insurance to be the best and cheapest for us. Make sure you understand what your house and contents insurance covers you for with regards to portable items as this can help when thinking about the contents coverage of your 'vans insurance.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I chose to go with Allianz. They were a little cheaper than other quotes that I had but the main reason for choosing them was they have a $100 excess which was a lot cheaper than other insurance companies. They also have a new for old replacement policy for caravans up to 2 years old. As mine was a brand new caravan I thought it was a pretty good peace of mind.

Also with Allianz and went with them for the same reasons... And received an extra 5% off as we had house, contents and cars with them. I rang them when we had the ESC fitted and they dropped the monthly payment another $5/month.

Jimbo

Sep 29, 2015
Perth
Cheers guys. Chartrock Ill get a pic up as soon as I get it!

A few calls today, it looks like RAC (in WA) is looking the goods. CGU are the cheapest quote, however RAC is around $100 more per year, but the excess is only $50. Youi do seem super agressive, and the poor bloke on the phone almost did not believe how cheap CGU were. He went off to "speak to my manager and get you a better discount" but it still didnt get there. Also RAC have been buying up caravan parks up the WA coast and offer discounts to policy holders to stay there.
But i didnt get to CIL yet, so will try tomorrow, and will also try AAMI.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
if you are a member of a car club (car or 4x4 club)- you can also try Shannon's

CGU are the cheapest - but
they down grade the Value of your car every 6 months - not nice when you find out the reason why its soo cheap is because they only value your $50K 4WD at $22K