20' Series Info needed on 21-64 OB please

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi there. We are going in to our Jayco dealership this Saturday to talk about our 'wants' for our new van which we get to pick up in December . We need to know whether there are 240v and 12v outlets in the bunk/dinette area as standard, and which aircon unit is classed as standard. Also, any other info would be greatly appreciated.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Howdy we've got a 2013 20/63-1 triple bunks came standard with 12 v &240v outlets in all bunks . Heater air con I go the up grade to a ibris much better unit ( we did ) unfortunately are van is on the market now

Reactions: Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi Brotys. We have opted for the fold away bunk with dinette, and are hoping the power outlets will be standard like yours. Our guy wasn't sure when we first ordered the van and has charged us for them. (I'm ok at paying for extras I want, but not for things that should be there). So far we have the Coleman Mach 8 on the van, but on reading up it only delivers 118L/s whereas the cormorant delivers 150L/s, plus is lighter by 4kg and has more kW for both heating and cooling. We had a wall (box ) aircon in our swan that we did ourselves, and had that and a portable unit on when we went north. (Don't want to have to take the portable when we get the new van.) just don't want to make any bad choices, as this is the van we hope to keep for quite a while. Getting a bit nervous about it now, as my second son told me today it was 11 weeks until we drive over to melbourne to pick it up. Scarey!

Reactions: brotys

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi @brotys we have a 21.64-1 OB with fold away bunk option. There is a 240v/12 outlet for both bunks, however the reading light that was supposed to be over each bunk ended up with 2 on the top bunk and none on the bottom. Would have been good to get some input into this if we knew as I would have pushed for the lights to be on each bunk.

The other thing we added was a 240v/12v outlet for the rear double bed. They ended up installing it inside the rear tunnel boot, and I have now installed a cable hole to allow access from the tunnel boot up to the bed area.

One other thing to ask them, the rear tunnel boot has not doors from outside the van, making access to it a pain, especially if the rear bed is folded in.

I have just added a door into the tunnel boot from inside the van (side of the boot) which is much better. I'd recommend you get either doors from the outside added or a door inside.

Good luck with the new van, we love the 21.64 !!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi Bellbirdweb , thanks for that. The door for the back boot that you added, is it a drop down one like on the swan by the club lounge or is it a door? I must say, we haven't really looked at all the little bits in the van. (That's tomorrow job), but I can see its a great idea, alone with the points for the bed, as we will have 2 kids in the back bed as well as in the bunk/dinette area. Also, do you know what model aircon is standard in it?

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi Bellbirdweb , thanks for that. The door for the back boot that you added, is it a drop down one like on the swan by the club lounge or is it a door? I must say, we haven't really looked at all the little bits in the van. (That's tomorrow job), but I can see its a great idea, alone with the points for the bed, as we will have 2 kids in the back bed as well as in the bunk/dinette area. Also, do you know what model aircon is standard in it?

I added an actual door that goes nearly the full height and swings open towards the bathroom side. I'll take a photo this afternoon and will post.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Smirke here are some pics of the cupboard door mod I've just completed to allow access into the rear tunnel boot. image.jpg

image.jpg

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@brotys here is where they put the power to the rear bed and the cord duct I installed to allow the cables through.

image.jpg

Another one, the overhead cupboard above the rear bed only has a small door but the cupboard goes the full width. We had the factory install a 2nd door near the bunk to improve access.

image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
@Smirke the standard aircon is the Coleman, we however chose to upgrade to the Ibis for true reverse cycle capability
Bellbird web, the Coleman you speak of, is it the Mach 8 or the other one? We are paying extra for the Mach 8 but if it's standard then I'm not going to be a happy camper at all!
Is the ibis you got the cormorant?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Bellbird web, the Coleman you speak of, is it the Mach 8 or the other one? We are paying extra for the Mach 8 but if it's standard then I'm not going to be a happy camper at all!
My understanding is the Mach 8 is now standard. We got one without asking on our starcraft

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney

I also thought the Mach 8 was standard. The air command units vary in capacity,we have the Ibis which is pretty standard in all of the vans I have seen. The Cormorant is a larger unit than the Ibis

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Thanks for that guys. Will be having an in depth discussion tomorrow with the dealers about the extra cost.
Missed out on the new flys because we were there and ordered it on the 30th June. He could have said "come back tomorrow and we will throw them in for free" . Instead we got... "For $795 they could be yours" speech. Oh well, that salesmen for you.

Hopefully things go well tomorrow.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Missed out on the new flys because we were there and ordered it on the 30th June. He could have said "come back tomorrow and we will throw them in for free" . Instead we got... "For $795 they could be yours" speech. Oh well, that salesmen for you.

Hopefully things go well tomorrow.

I paid $590 for my fly's, I'd even be challenging them on the $795

BTW, which dealer are you buying from ?

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Caravanland. We haven't gone in yet, ask have been making a few calls. $600 extra for the Coleman Mach 8 when other van shops in the east are saying its standard isn't sitting too well. Plus we are picking it up from the factory, but it's still $5000 more. Wish we hadn't signed

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Caravanland. We haven't gone in yet, ask have been making a few calls. $600 extra for the Coleman Mach 8 when other van shops in the east are saying its standard isn't sitting too well. Plus we are picking it up from the factory, but it's still $5000 more. Wish we hadn't signed
What type of aircon is your dealer suggesting is the standard instal ?.....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Coleman was standard in our van as well, and that was from the three dealers we dealt with. The cost ended up being $200 to upgrade to an Air Command Ibis, which from my reading is the favoured unit due to its more effective heater. Your being asked to pay $600 extra for the installed standard unit ...... If they have put that in writing, it would almost be worthy of a threat to call your state consumer advocate and swing the negotiations balance of power back toward the centre.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hopefully we had a win....of some sort. We have been given the ibis, but theres a new model , the mk3 which has a higher kW , and I've asked for that one instead of the original one. We were told we had to wait and see which one we'd get. The $600 was written on the original paper and not on the contract. That just had "included" written on it.
We were also offered the flys instead of the shadecloth bed ends. I know people are going for the waterproof ones, but we are a bit unsure as to why we couldn't have both, we could have one or the other?????? Is there a reason anyone can think of for that??
And Bellbirdweb, thanks for the heads up on the rear boot. Can't get a door on the outside because of the awning pole, but they will do the internal door for us....yay.
Plus we got a few extra power points, 12v outlets and 2 more tv points.
we are officially in 'orange' status. due on 5/12/14 from the factory.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
The Coleman was standard in our van as well, and that was from the three dealers we dealt with. The cost ended up being $200 to upgrade to an Air Command Ibis, which from my reading is the favoured unit due to its more effective heater. Your being asked to pay $600 extra for the installed standard unit ...... If they have put that in writing, it would almost be worthy of a threat to call your state consumer advocate and swing the negotiations balance of power back toward the centre.
We queried our guy on the price and I rang page bros this morning before heading to Jayco, they said the coleman was standard. Our guy said that different dealers had different standards, but wanted to change us from the coleman as it was too noisy.