Just Browsing Ideas for a box for Weber on draw bar

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I've been pondering with an idea for making the Weber set up a bit more user friendly for us while travelling. (Our current setup is more useful for longer stays and requires the removal of the Weber before lowering the front bed end ...I don't always remember and it's a bit of a pain for short stays)

I had a look at the gas bottle attachments and think one gas bottle could be removed completely and replaced with some sort of side opening box...Weber sized...with Weber on a fridge slide. I already have angle iron fitted across the draw bar for the current setup.

A generator box would seem to be about the right size. It wouldn't be dust proof but it might work if the Weber is easy to access and supported while the slide is extended.

I think we can make do with just one gas bottle while touring.

Has anyone done something similar and does it work?

Whatever we do has to be simple and easy to convert back to a two gas bottle setup as we do lots of free camping. It's just the touring setup I'm considering changing and whether the fluffing around would be worth it....or leave it as it is. Not sure.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have seen a few custom made ali boxes with slide outs for webers etc... Thought about it but most weber use is off the rear plug so we have got into a routine when setting up. First job, after raising the roof and pulling out the awning, is to empty the box and leave the bed end up. We put all gear that's not needed back in the box then drop the front bed once everything else is done.