I know it's not an Expanda BUT.......

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Hi all, I have made a couple of posts previously but thought it about time I introduce myself formally. My name is Chris and my wife is Donna. We have a "bun in the oven" due in June. I have currently got a Discovery 17.55-5 Outback on order and whilst it is not an expanda I hope that you don't mind me joining your forum. We are located in Lake Macquarie and can't wait to get the new van. Previously we had a 27 year old Viscount Aerolite, which we loved, but it was just not quite what we wanted to take away any more. We ordered the Discovery and it is due March 23, althought the dealer yesterday emailed the VIN and chassis number through to me so it is really starting to get exciting. Since joining the forum I have been addicted (much like the Pradopoint forum!!!)

My sister has now joined the Jayco ranks and got rid of their Cub camper (used once) and have an expanda 16.49-1 on hold at the moment at Newcastle. We are looking forward to being able to travel together as a big family and have already got 10 days booked at Christmas with us, sister, aunt and cousins (both with camper trailers). The first excursion will be when we pick the van up from Coffs Harbous for the weekend, then a week during April at South West Rocks. Anyway this is very long winded so I better go and have another beer. Thanks for the site and I promise to contribute when I can. Chris.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
G'day Chris

Welcome aboard, we're open to all doesn't matter what you have, it's the fact the you get out there and enjoy this big wide country we call home. Good luck with both your pending new arrivals :thumb:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. We are happy to share ideas with all caravaners, as all have ideas, mods and travel tips that we can use. Keep us posted on your travels.

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Welcome Chris and congrats to you and your family on the new "additions" I hope they both arrive safe and sound.

Also on a side note I dealt with Watsons Caravans in Coffs Harbour(If that is who you are dealing with) and I must say they treated my family and I very well when we took delivery our "Amanda the Expanda" from them over the Australia Day weekend. total professionals when it came to the paper work and demonstration of our van and accomdating when it came to keeping our daughter occupied whilst everything else was happening. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

regards

Thirstyviv

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Hi all,
Just got an email to say our can will arrive in Coffs early next week (YAY). Still has to get annexe made and predelivery stuff done. Hope to pick it up sooner than later. Was planning the 23rd but may need a "sickie" (cough cough) the week before. Very exciting. My sister picks up her expanda next week so it is all very close.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all,
Just got an email to say our can will arrive in Coffs early next week (YAY). Still has to get annexe made and predelivery stuff done. Hope to pick it up sooner than later. Was planning the 23rd but may need a "sickie" (cough cough) the week before. Very exciting. My sister picks up her expanda next week so it is all very close.

i think most people feel that way as pick up is nearing,was one of the first thing the dealer asked me as i arrived for pickup.lol. what type of annexe setup are you getting and where from? cheers.

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Hi Pace9908, The annexe is from Coffs Canvas. Watson's have arranged it for me, it will get made next week once the van is there for measurements etc. Just a standard canvas annexe with a little porch off the front!! 028.jpg This is the pic that Watson's sent that they had on one of their display vans, so we were happy to go the same. The grey colour is not too dark so should stay relatively cool.

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
No toilet in ours, the missus was to scared of smells!!! No doubt the next van (many years away) will be set up for long time touring. This one will just be used for a few weeks here and there during school holidays. Can't wait though.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Sounds like its coming along nicely!!!

How do they attach the porch at the front?

We have a Discovery on order as well are you getting the shower toilet model or the one without??

Can't wait to see some pics of it....

aussie traveller do a double ended slot (1 edge normal for the awning, then other side can have canel to slot in porch/shadecloth).cheers.

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Well D-day is almost here. Pick it up on Friday and can't wait. Looking forward to seeing the colour scheme and all the bits and pieces, then getting it on the car and towing it home. We were going to stay in it the first night but the wife has a concert on Saturday so had to be back for that. Will post some pics when I get it.