how often do you use your van

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
hi every one
just wondering how often you actually use your expanda.
for us spending nearly $40000 was a little hard to do but we took the leap and did it.
best thing we done so far.we love it
tab works a few hours a day 6 days a week and i work full time 5.5 days a week
when the weekend comes we now just love to hook the van up and head of for the night.
recently our van has lived at the brother in laws. a great little farm about 1 hour from us so we go there every weekend
there house has more than enough room for us to stay with out the van but we just camp.
we cook outside and sit there all night.i keep saying if we want to sit inside we will stay at home.
just come and sit outside.a few weeks ago it was pouring rain but we didnt go in the house we just sat in the annexe.
so what are you all up to
cheers
jim/tab and diamond

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Jim and Tab

Even though I don't have an Expanda at the moment, we do have a Swan, so I have a RDO once a month so we try to go away every one of them plus a we have a couple of weeks holiday away in it every year.

I do agree it is a lot of money to invest and never use that is why the wife and I decided before we got the Swan that we had to use it every month or else we may as well stay in a motel or cabin in a van park.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We aim to get away one weekend per month and then for a week twice a year.... That's the plan anyway. We got the van in November and have done the following
November - gold coast
December - Murphy's creek escape ( and the parents for Xmas)
January - a week at kennilworth homestead
February - tweed heads big 4

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Wow thats a hard one when you own your own business , we try every long w/end to get away also try for at least one big trip every 2 years with a group of friends , we call ourselves the F.A.R.T.s family ,adventure , road , trips .This year were slipping in another trip up into the Kimberlys for 5 / 6 weeks all going well

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
When you do get away if possible post up a quick trip report in the ''Trips Section'' as this showcases beautiful parts of Australia that others may not be aware of.

It maybe an area close by or in another part of the country that someone maybe planning on heading too :car:

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
We haven't been away for a while:(... but will be away for at least 3 months this year...Can't wait

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Minimum once a month even if only just the weekend but minimum of 2 nights (1 nighters are a pain) I finish work early so can be away mid arvo Fridays and only minimum 40 minutes from the coast depending on where we go, If can score an RDO Fridays we'll even go Thursday arvo if I give the tinlid a day off school, same works if I get a Monday off
I usually try and score fridays off on longweeks if I get in well in advance. most parks (if you chose to stay in one) will allow late check out, up to 4pm outside peak times for a few extra $$.

In saying that we haven't been this month,:frown: but did 12 nights back in January.