Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Removed from the matress and stored elsewhere

Votes: 29 51.8%

• Total voters

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,

Just trying to establish options for storing bedding. I like the idea of storing sleeping bags and pillows in the gaps between the beds when folded up. Try to make sure that the foam mattress folds flat and there are no bits hanging out the sides. Interested to know what others do.

Cheers
Steve

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Good thread, I don't know what I'll do yet. I'd be interested in people's responses including specifying if they have the foam, or inner spring mattresses, and also if they are using the egg crate foam.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Roll it up an tuck it at the top end of the bed, fits better on the rear than the front, but it fits and is there when you pull the bed down, just straighten it all up.

Reactions: blacky

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We fold the ends up with the eggshell and fitted sheets. Doonas and pillows on dinette or bunk. So I'm not sure how to vote cause I do both.

ckcklopic

Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
Bunks are made up. Front bed is folded with eggshell and fitted sheet. Pillows and doona on top bunk. Rear bed is only used for guests.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
My wife's department, :D but she folds the bed up with the eggshell and sheets still on. When folded up the pillows are tucked up high under the straps (the narrow part of the bed forms a shelf) and the doona fits in between them. All there ready to set up when we stop.

Reactions: MolongMick

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Do not want to leave you in suspense but there is feedback from Jayco that packing the bedding with the bed is a possible cause for cracking the bed ends. As I am out of warranty I do not want to push Jayco necessarily to fix under warranty, but I only want to fix it once. Jayco is suppose to ring me about this and I will see what they have to say direct (I have only got the story from an agent). Once they have spoken I will convey the answer.

Reactions: blacky

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We just use sleeping bags and comforters. When we travel, they go go the bunk or table and get made up when the ends are lowered. It's not a caravan really you know, just a posh camper trailer!

Reactions: relgate

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,
For those that consider they do both, I am happy for you to vote "fold up with bed", as there is something left on the bed. If this something is only a sheet then use "stored else where".

The main feedback is that it is not un-common for people to fold stuff up with the bed.

Thanks for replies so far

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We keep the topper on the bed, the rest is folded and put on the spare bunk/table. We literally have about 8 woollen blankets in there plus sleeping bags for all. No way we are ever getting cold!

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I agree with millers I folded memory foam up in bedding lucky still under warranty and cracked bed ends now I take everything of and pack flat on bunk beds no more risks for me just to save 5 minute work

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Sleeping bags go into bottom of wardrobe, pillows in the o/heads (along with all four bed end lights) bed cover goes in the narow cupboad behind the off side dining bench seat. Stows quick and easy, the joy of having an 18.57-7!