17' Series Hi Guys - A to be Expanda Owner

Hi Guys,

I stumbled across this site whilst researching for a new Expanda Purchase. Definitely very informative - The option list just kept growing every time I read the thread on Relgates 17.56-2 ... which certainly didn't help my budget!;)

My wife, Bub and I have had a Jayco Swan OB (200*) for the last 9 months and loving it, but wanted to move to something a little easier to setup and also long term, in preparation for our second bundle of joy. We have just paid a deposit on a 2013 17.56-2 OB & are eagerly awaiting its arrival.

I've been scouring the forum for 2013 information but it looks like we're all in the dark around look and feel as well. Our local dealer does have one arriving at the end of December which hopefully will she dome light on it!

But that's enough from me. I just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to picking everyone's brains :)

Cheers,
Rob Smith

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Guys,

I stumbled across this site whilst researching for a new Expanda Purchase. Definitely very informative - The option list just kept growing every time I read the thread on Relgates 17.56-2 ... which certainly didn't help my budget!;)

Sorry Rob, but well done! It's good that you can go into the purchase with all the info :)

Did you buy from Newcastle? Which options did you end up getting? and when are you expecting delivery?

Happy days!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome Rob,

There are many accessories and conversions to be done, I'm holding off a bit until my warranty is up, then I'll go for it.

Congrats on the purchase and know you eagerly await the delivery of two bundles of joy.

Take Care

Sorry Rob, but well done! It's good that you can go into the purchase with all the info :)

Did you buy from Newcastle? Which options did you end up getting? and when are you expecting delivery?

Happy days!

It was great to have all of the info - Even to know to ask about the control panel location etc.

We did end up buying from Newcastle. They put up with me for a while before we bit the bullet and are helping us out while we are in between vans which is great!

We ended up adding:
- Extra Gas Bayonet
- Stereo + External Speakers
- Additional picnic table
- Drifter control panel
- 150l Fridge
- Battery
- External Shower
- Privacy Screens

We are awaiting confirmation on being able to make the front hatch larger (So it is the full size of the tunnel boot) as well as adding the rear hatch from the factory)
Fortunately Rooftop Air, and Awning were now standard otherwise the extras list was too long!

I am just VERY keen to see the new exterior with the black Checker plate - I still have no idea what the decals will look like, or what the new wheels are.

The van is due off the line mid March & We're hoping to have it for a trip in Easter but we are cutting it tight.

MolongMick - I agree with you. We aimed to add all possible factory additions, thinking no more would be done until the warranty was up.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Fantastic. I'm interested in how you get on with the larger hatch. Makes sense if they can do it. We tried for a rear hatch and they came back with a flat 'no'. It would make the boot so much more usable. I'm toying with doing it myself after warranty is over.

Let us know how you get on.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome Rob.
I will be interested to see how you go with some of the more structural mods from the factory.
I wasn't too successful with some of my requests.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Welcome Rob.
I will be interested to see how you go with some of the more structural mods from the factory.
I wasn't too successful with some of my requests.

Brad dont put the moccas on them .......::.only joking

welcome aboard guys nice little start to the MOD list enjoy:welcome:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Welcome aboard Rob

Congrates on both pending new arrivals, which one's due first?

Oh and dont froget to vote in the "Where are you from pole" got to boost those NSW numbers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Brad dont put the moccas on them .......::.only joking

welcome aboard guys nice little start to the MOD list enjoy:welcome:

Good point BP. Don't want any bad karma.
Rob I will make sure the rabbit's foot is rubbed twice daily and make sure I stop walking under ladders for you. :)

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
G'Day Rob, Looks like it will be a great van when you pick it up. Saw a 2013 on Halls website with the black checkerplate, very nice looking unit. We too are new to the Expanda game, moving from a soft floor camper trailer. Good luck with the wait, it will seem like forever until it does arrive, then don't forget to put up some pici's for us all to admire.

Cheers

Cracka

G'Day Rob, Looks like it will be a great van when you pick it up. Saw a 2013 on Halls website with the black checkerplate, very nice looking unit. We too are new to the Expanda game, moving from a soft floor camper trailer. Good luck with the wait, it will seem like forever until it does arrive, then don't forget to put up some pici's for us all to admire.

Cheers

Cracka

Oh it has been forever already :) - I'll definitely post some pics when she arrives. We're having to do our Australia day trip in a loan van :S

How are you finding the Expanda compared to the Camper?

Cheers,
Rob

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Oh it has been forever already :) - I'll definitely post some pics when she arrives. We're having to do our Australia day trip in a loan van :S

How are you finding the Expanda compared to the Camper?

Cheers,
Rob

Rob,

I'll let you know after the 20th of January. We are in the Barossa but found a 2011 model with all we wanted at Coffs Harbour, so head off next weekend to pick it up.

Cheers

Craig