17' Series Hi All,

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
G'day everyone.

Been on here for a week or so now and loving the info and banter. Some great posts with ideas and a wealth of knowledge.

Travel with the better half and two boys (11 and 14) in a WH Jeep Grand and a 17.56.2 (standard)

The wife and I started with a camper trailer (canvas), then to a Jayco Hawk (took as long to set up as the camper trailer), and finally with the kids (2 boys) sleeping in the same bed kicking and fighting, we decided to upgrade in 2009 to the 17.56.2 (wife likes to Glamp!!) with the shower, toilet and all the mod cons.

Add-ons was to upsize the fridge, which meant a few changes to the inside (microwave went under the stove from above the fridge). Also added in the radio, TV aerial, outdoor table, outdoor shower, add-a-room to the awning, and ALKO dropdown stays.

After the first summer trip and getting in trouble for the wrong items being in the main fridge :blah:, I added a fridge drawer under the seat for extra beverage space :very_drunk: (runs 12V off the battery and holds 30 cans (some softdrink and water as well:crazy:).

Kids are now mostly outside in their swags which gives us a bit more room inside.

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome aboard @iadizajy
Great choice in van but.................................... "You bought a JEEP?????????" (Sorry had to get that one in ;) )
Also looking at reading future (Even past!) trip reports and pics!!!!

Reactions: iadizajy

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
G'day everyone.

Been on here for a week or so now and loving the info and banter. Some great posts with ideas and a wealth of knowledge.

Travel with the better half and two boys (11 and 14) in a WH Jeep Grand and a 17.56.2 (standard)

The wife and I started with a camper trailer (canvas), then to a Jayco Hawk (took as long to set up as the camper trailer), and finally with the kids (2 boys) sleeping in the same bed kicking and fighting, we decided to upgrade in 2009 to the 17.56.2 (wife likes to Glamp!!) with the shower, toilet and all the mod cons.

Add-ons was to upsize the fridge, which meant a few changes to the inside (microwave went under the stove from above the fridge). Also added in the radio, TV aerial, outdoor table, outdoor shower, add-a-room to the awning, and ALKO dropdown stays.

After the first summer trip and getting in trouble for the wrong items being in the main fridge :blah:, I added a fridge drawer under the seat for extra beverage space :very_drunk: (runs 12V off the battery and holds 30 cans (some softdrink and water as well:crazy:).

Kids are now mostly outside in their swags which gives us a bit more room inside.
we are very close @iadizajy im one suburb away need any help just ask we can get together

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Waeco fridge drawer.png
waeco-cd-30-base.jpg
Welcome aboard @iadizajy
Great choice in van but.................................... "You bought a JEEP?????????" (Sorry had to get that one in ;) )
Also looking at reading future (Even past!) trip reports and pics!!!!

All good Dagree, hasn't caught fire yet but have the extinguisher handy :amen:
The drawer holds 30 cans (of whatever denomination) but have a few sugarwater for the kids, some beers and JW for me and a few other softies for the boss.
When I get time this week I will unwrap the panda and get some pics. Its a Waeco CD 30.
Think I need to patent the idea. We had the panda to the factory a few years back as the shower walls started to delaminate from the side wall (twice :mad:). When I rang up to book it in the second time the comment was "your the guy with the fridge drawer in the van, bring it straight in...) apparently was the talk of the factory and I am surprised they haven't pinched the idea yet.... Happy to share with you guys though :tea:

Last edited: