Help with towball height

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi All,
We have a 2013 Ford Ranger XLT. The towball height on the ranger is 460mm and on our 14.44-4 outback 390 mm. If I invert the hitch and refit the towball the towball height is 390 mm, matching our expanda height.
Are there's any Ford Ranger owners who have this issue and used the hitch in the inverted position to obtain the correct tow height? Also do other expanda owners have a ball height of 390 mm on their caravans?
Thanks
Nick

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
My van is sitting perfectly level at the moment and to the bottom of the hitch sits at 380mm.

I may have to look at something as our new car has the towball a lot higher as well.

BJ

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi BJ,
I reversed the hitch and it now sits at 390mm, so hopefully all is well. I will find out when I take it for a test run. Thanks for your help. I will let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Nick

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi @Rockape

When you say you reversed the hitch, what do you mean?

I am thinking when we change our hitch to the DO35, I might get them to weld a top plat on and move the hitch to the top of the a-frame to accommodate the extra height.

BJ.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hi,
Yes that is correct. Looking at items and 4wd cars at bunnings today and saw plenty had the hitch facing down.
Cheers
Nick

Just for legal reasons be careful. On on Cruiser they cannot be fitted the other way around where our Prado could. Should say it on the name plate of the tongue. :p