17' Series Hello from new member jiimel06!

jiimel06

Feb 2, 2014
Central Coast NSW
Just found this fantastic site when researching for my recently purchased van so I thought i'd introduce myself and hopefully get some ideas! Since I stumbled across this site last night I've seem some amazing modifications and my mind cant stop thinking!

We live at Mardi on NSW Central Coast. Have owned one previous van a few years ago (an old dog).. Purchased a 2010 Jayco Expanda Outback 17.56-2 a few weeks ago for our first big trip - 14 weeks - planned to depart 30/6/14. Took it for a maiden voyage for 4 few nights at Jimmy's beach Port Stephens. Teething problems included losing one awning brace lock (didnt tighten it up before travel - doh! - picked up new ones at Jayco Newcastle on way home) and the water hose fittings bursting off (poor quality - been replaced).

Its pretty standard, but does have 2 X solar panels feeding the battery through a Ctek setup, 2 x tube fishing rod holders slung underneath and all the lights have been replaced with LED's.

I've had an issue with my tow car (Prado 120) with the tow bar recall. I'll be ordering a replacement Haymen Reese bar (recommended by a mate who works at Toyota - alleviates all problems/anxiety) to match up to the WDH I've got to rectify that problem.

I hope to re-locate the gas bottles and install a lockable box at the front, seen a few ideas on here already. What I havent seen is any photographs of where people re-locate the spare wheel to - either onto the back or under the rear on a wind down system. Any links to photographs would be appreciated.

One thing I did read about but couldnt find a link to was some sort of modification to the basin so that when it is tipped up it doesnt dribble water all over the dunny which I'm surprised wasn't fitted as standard, can anyone help with that link? Or am I just being padantic??

Ive been inspired by so many great modifications cant wait to get things done and get away.

regards, Jamie & Mel.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
One thing I did read about but couldnt find a link to was some sort of modification to the basin so that when it is tipped up it doesnt dribble water all over the dunny which I'm surprised wasn't fitted as standard, can anyone help with that link? Or am I just being padantic??

regards, Jamie & Mel.

:welcome: @jiimel06 Glad to hear you found the forum, careful it gets addictive

Here is a thread that may help you with the sink mod, have a read its @Stone Stomper thread.