Hello all

Shane Yeats

Feb 2, 2018
WA, Mandurah
Hi all,

Just thought I’d drop on here quickly and introduce myself, I’m Shane and my wife is Jackie. We have 4 kids from ages 13- 2 and 2 dogs.

Just bought a 2007 16” expanda which will be our first caravan, can’t wait to get out there and am so happy that I’ve found this great forum which is filled with great experience people.

Looking forward to picking your brains.

Looking at heading out somewhere for a trial run next weekend, any recommendations.
I’m in Mandurah WA.

Thanks guys

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome aboard @Shane Yeats, and you are right, there is a lot of experience and knowledge here from a bunch of friendly people who are always ready to help. The WA guys especially will always jump in quickly with advice to assist where they can.

Enjoy the forum and post any pics and trip reports.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the mob and you certainly will find some helpfull Wait Awhilers here more than ready to help you out finding places to visit and with some handy advice.

Reactions: Shane Yeats

Notreve76

Jan 20, 2018
Perth
Hey Shane

Weve just bought a 2008 16"

Weve booked out the year already for some trips in the new van. Kalbarri in April the first trip supposed to be nice that time of year.

Let us know what you find. Always looking for a quick weekend away

Dave

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome @Shane Yeats
hmmm where to go for a weekend in WA
Margaret River Chocolate Factory either Swan Valley or Cowaramup- plenty of onsite parking (they may just complain though)

seriously though.............

I usually pick somewhere within 1-1.5 hrs drive for a weekender - leave Friday after work, head home Sunday after lunch

couple of nice places within range for you
Dwellingup Caravan Park
Lake Navarino
Lake Brockman
(stay clear of Lane Poole Reserve - too many yobbos now a days)

always interested in how and where people camp, so ask any questions (NONE are silly..................) you may have about anything and everything

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Dave @Notreve76
my bias opinion is
Kalbarri sucks, is over priced and packed with people..................................
as a day trip, I love the place, and a feed at Kalbarri Motor Hotel is always a place for a smile
"The Gorges" Cafe used to be a good feed as well, but I think its gone "yuppy"

for somewhere to camp -
Port Gregory - small village with 20 houses, Caravan Park, Shop (sells hot food and alcohol) and a nice beach
"Linga Longa at Lynton Station" is not too bad - had a look, but not actually stopped there
Horrocks is quite nice - similar to Pt Gregory, but about 50 times the size

I am biased as my out-laws live in Pt Gregory, and we have been going up there for over 20 years

Shane Yeats

Feb 2, 2018
WA, Mandurah
welcome @Shane Yeats
hmmm where to go for a weekend in WA
Margaret River Chocolate Factory either Swan Valley or Cowaramup- plenty of onsite parking (they may just complain though)

seriously though.............

I usually pick somewhere within 1-1.5 hrs drive for a weekender - leave Friday after work, head home Sunday after lunch

couple of nice places within range for you
Dwellingup Caravan Park
Lake Navarino
Lake Brockman
(stay clear of Lane Poole Reserve - too many yobbos now a days)

always interested in how and where people camp, so ask any questions (NONE are silly..................) you may have about anything and everything
Thanks bigcol

Reactions: bigcol