Have You Got Your Jerry Can Holder?

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Hi again,

If you have a look in the new 2011 Jayco Expanda brochure you'll notice that ALL outback's now reportedly have the jerry can holder as standard, whereas they were only included on 12" & 14" models in the 2010 brochure.

I've been looking around at photo's on this site and elsewhere, and not yet seen one 2011 16" or 17" van with the jerry can holder included.

I'm interested to know if anyone has been lucky enough to have taken delivery of thier outback Expanda lately and whether or not you have the jerry can holder? Further, if you have two 9kg bottles on the draw bar then where have they put it?

I spoke with our Jayco dealer about it as the "standard" order form doesn't yet list it as an included item; they told me not to worry until we get the confirmation plan back from Jayco and we can double check then.

Thanks

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi again,

If you have a look in the new 2011 Jayco Expanda brochure you'll notice that ALL outback's now reportedly have the jerry can holder as standard, whereas they were only included on 12" & 14" models in the 2010 brochure.

I've been looking around at photo's on this site and elsewhere, and not yet seen one 2011 16" or 17" van with the jerry can holder included.

I'm interested to know if anyone has been lucky enough to have taken delivery of thier outback Expanda lately and whether or not you have the jerry can holder? Further, if you have two 9kg bottles on the draw bar then where have they put it?

I spoke with our Jayco dealer about it as the "standard" order form doesn't yet list it as an included item; they told me not to worry until we get the confirmation plan back from Jayco and we can double check then.

Thanks

Hi this is my first post. We have just purchased our first caravan due offline 30/7/11. We ordered the 16.49.3.
Last week we received our confirmation papers and noticed the Jerry can holders were not listed. When I rang the dealer he doubled check the 2011 outback on display and confirmed that the Jerry can holders are not on the 16" & 17" expandas. I did point out that it does state that Jerry can holders are listed in the broucher & his response was that jayco did meantion the holders are only available on some sizes. Very disappointed as my husband really wanted the holders.

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Hi Expanda,

Look in the new 2011 brochure (the white one with the smiley canoe paddlers on the front).

Right in the middle, under the heading “Outback Range Features” the list now says “Jerry Can Holder on A Frame” and no longer makes mention of the fact it is limited to certain models, as it was in the 2010 brochure. (I’m a nerd – I’ve got a collection of Expanda brochures)

When we were at the Sydney show, one of the salesmen also made mention of the fact the jerry can holder now comes standard across the range, hence my confusion when I saw the order form didn’t have it listed.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I just downloaded the brochure of the Jayco site and got this....

Unless I am dreaming no mention of cans?

OUTBACK RANGE
FEATURES
• ALKO outback leaf springs
• Shock absorbers with guards
(single axle only)
• Underslung axle
(Improved ground clearance)
• External 12v auxiliary plug
• Double step
• 15” alloy wheels with 235/
75R15 tyres
• 150mm x 50mm RHS main
chassis members
• 125mm x 50mm RHS “A” frame
• ALKO outback drop jacks
• ALKO off-road electric
brake magnets
• Protective aluminium checker
plate finish on sides
• 12v internal power point
• Jayco mud flaps
• White Powder coated Bumper Bar
(Selected models only)

http://jayco.com.au/Products/Expand...px#/Products/Expanda_Series/nav1_R/Brochure_2

Maybe its in the book only.....

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
I have seen the jerry can holder listed in the 2011 broucher. That's what I do not understand and I have googled images of 2011 expanda's and have not seen a Jerry can holder on the A frame.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Yep you are right :)....

expanda brochure.jpg

All the time I have had the catalog and never bothered to read it :)!!!

As mentioned before I know with the shower models as they come with two gas bottles they don't put the jerry can holder on.

It would seem they stuffed up and removed it from the online version pretty quickly.

What has the dealer said?

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
You're right Expanda there is nothing mentioned AT ALL about a jerry can holder in the online brochure, however the printed version has it listed as standard.

Jayco have obviously seen the error themselves and deleted it quickly.

Wonder if they have to come "up with the goods" (or in this case a jerry can holder) given the fact it was/is advertised as included in a brochure they are still distributing, not to mention the fact there was a sales man telling people it was standard the Sydney show?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
If they sold you the van with the pretence it would come with it they have to provide it....

You are getting the 17.56.1 so unless you have opted for an external shower or have ordered an extra gas bottle they will be able to fit it its just a matter of reminding them and have the article in hand :)

But for us shower model people there is no where for it to go :(

I am surprised they have not released a press article / amended the brochure etc....

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hi this is my first post. We have just purchased our first caravan due offline 30/7/11. We ordered the 16.49.3.
Last week we received our confirmation papers and noticed the Jerry can holders were not listed. When I rang the dealer he doubled check the 2011 outback on display and confirmed that the Jerry can holders are not on the 16" & 17" expandas. I did point out that it does state that Jerry can holders are listed in the broucher & his response was that jayco did meantion the holders are only available on some sizes. Very disappointed as my husband really wanted the holders.

Welcome aboard.......

What a bummer seems like a few people will get stung :(.....

Hope everything else goes smoothly for you!

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Thanks Expanda, I hope it all goes well. This is the first caravan we have purchased & to top it off we know nothing about caravans. We currently own a camper trailer & thought it was time to upgrade.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Yep you are right :)....

View attachment 4578

All the time I have had the catalog and never bothered to read it :)!!!

As mentioned before I know with the shower models as they come with two gas bottles they don't put the jerry can holder on.

It would seem they stuffed up and removed it from the online version pretty quickly.

What has the dealer said?

Check out the photo, underslung axle as well, that only comes on the dual axle model. Single axle models have an overslung axle (as dicussed on another post).

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Check out the photo, underslung axle as well, that only comes on the dual axle model. Single axle models have an overslung axle (as dicussed on another post).
Thats why started the other thread for that very reason about the axles, we too have both the 2010 and 2011 brochures and they both state the underslung axle :confused:

As for the jerry can holder it will be interesting to see what your outcome is, they are very handy and I miss not having one after having one on the Hawk Outback. Our Expanda is a Dec 2010 and didn't come with one but we do have the 2 9kg on the drawbar

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
My 14' with no front bed and with shower & toilet, has 2 gas bottles in the boot and a jerry can holder on the front. The odd thing is that the J/C holder has a metal label on it stating it must only be used for carrying water. :p Go figure!!!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
My 14' with no front bed and with shower & toilet, has 2 gas bottles in the boot and a jerry can holder on the front. The odd thing is that the J/C holder has a metal label on it stating it must only be used for carrying water. :p Go figure!!!

Yeah that Jayco covering there own but (insurance purposes) My Swan had the same thing but the Expanda doesn't have the Jerry holder believe they are now optional

Have a look at the tag on a Kedron Jerry holder, says "For carrying WATER or DIESEL only"

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Which brochure are you looking at?

I though with the shower models they couldn't do it because of the twin gas bottles?

my mate has twin gas bottle on his Swan + Jerry holder, the gas bottles sit side by side across the A-frame with the Jerry next to them, would be different for the Expanda's i guess due to spare on the A-frame

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Has anyone been lucky enough to receive a 2011 model & does it include the Jerry can holder. I am thinking of calling jayco factory and asking the question.

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Lisao

By the sound of others comments it doesn't seem as though we are going to get our jerry can holders?

Let me know how you go if you call the factory; I'll let you know how we go after we get to see the plans (I know this will be too late for you though!).

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi all,
Was just on ebay and saw a 2011 expanda OB for sale (17" with bunks. Shower & toilet) With no Jerry can holder.
Sorry I can not attach photo (think cause I am on the phone not pc) Looks like I do not need to waste my time calling jaco factory in the morning.