Has anyone ever wondered?

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I was admiring my van the day, when I got hit in the head by a grand thought.

What do all the people do with their annexes while running the fridge on gas?

On the 17.56 expanda the fridge is on the awning side of the van. By putting an annes up, you are capturing the exhaust gasses from the fridge.

Has anyone else thought that this might be a bad idea?

There are quite a few vans with this same problem. I wonder if Jayco has actually thought of this health risk?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Interesting point... We are off to the caravan show tomorrow to look at the layout of the 18.56.5 that we purchased for the first time. I am sure that design is the same. Will add that question to my list for tomorrow and see what they say.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Mine is on the other side, but i get your concern.

Interesting point... We are off to the caravan show tomorrow to look at the layout of the 18.56.5 that we purchased for the first time. I am sure that design is the same. Will add that question to my list for tomorrow and see what they say.

I was just curious if Jayco had thought of the legalities of the whole annex awning setup.

Me personally probably won't get a full annex, just the shade wall, but I just wanted others to think about this, especially if kids are sleeping/playing in a closed annex area.