harv n bron - the shakedown

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
attached are a couple of photos from the shakedown last week. went down to Ulladulla with the kidlet (only). As we got into the park she was at me to go to the pool, jumping pillow etc etc. and all i could do was to try and remember the sequencing of getting the van off, poping the rook, awning out etc. had some teething problems, fortunately there was a bit of 'wisdom' parked a couple of sites away and he was only too willing to help. Managed to lose the remote for the caravan mover while away - that is annoying! another turned up in the mail yesterday after ordering friday.

had previously posted a question on attaching the number plate, photo attached of what I did - double sided tape worked a treat. (went down the street and met old mate with the van out the front and quizzed him - again very helpful - he also put me onto the signwriter that customised the plate - note the fine print ).

also attached is a photo of the pretty good looking Ulladulla harbour..

and topping off the trip is that after driving up the Clyde (for people that dont know it, its the great dividing range from Batemans Bay up - a quite severe gradient for a number of KMs), with the Captiva towing, today I put a deposit down on a Pathfinder and traded the Captiva in.. Given this will be most of our trips (down the coast) I've decided that I/we dont want to be one of the many that are seen part the way up the hill with their bonnet up and steam eminating.....

Looking forward to Oct now with back to back longweekends in the van.....

Attachments

• shakedown 1.JPG
    shakedown 1.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 244
  • shakedown 2.JPG
    shakedown 2.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 267
  • the plates.JPG
    the plates.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 261

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Nice report Harv, the weather looked favourable in your photos too.

I know that climb out of Batemans and it is one of those hills that really has you keeping an eye on the gauges. Congrats on the Pathy too.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Sounds like a great first trip. We go down that way to racecourse beach over the january break. It's a lovely part of the world. Which park dod you actually stay in? How did you rate it?

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Well done!
I know the climb well as we go down south at Christmas.
Easts at Moruya Heads for the second time round this year. Previously at Batemans Bay Beach Resort for 2 in a row.
Used the V6 Hilux last year, even got back to first on one section.

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Stayed at the one on the top tourist park with the boot just on the south side, the staff couldn't have been more friendly, I would say a good park, nice heated pool with slides and other kids stuff. Off to pambula big 4 in oct, looking forward to that. Weather was excellent for this time of the year. Cruza, it was watching the gauges that convinced me to get something with a bit more grunt....

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Turtle, look for us a couple of days after Christmas at easts, we are in about the 28th from memory. I spent a bit of time in Bathurst at the school under your Car racing mountain. Look forward to a cool beverage and meet.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks like a nice spot guys, glad all went well. Yes it is anoying when things go missing and nobody knows anything about it.....you won't know yourself when you get the new rig, enjoy!

Cheers.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Stayed at the one on the top tourist park with the boot just on the south side, the staff couldn't have been more friendly, I would say a good park, nice heated pool with slides and other kids stuff. Off to pambula big 4 in oct, looking forward to that. Weather was excellent for this time of the year. Cruza, it was watching the gauges that convinced me to get something with a bit more grunt....

Pambula's nice, we love it down there but for me it's too close to the in-law's.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Turtle, look for us a couple of days after Christmas at easts, we are in about the 28th from memory. I spent a bit of time in Bathurst at the school under your Car racing mountain. Look forward to a cool beverage and meet.

We're in on the 11th of Jan and you can't miss us
Stone Guard 1.JPG
I've got 2 boys at the same school (years 7&10)

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hmmmm what a lovely trip it can be coming up the Clyde, towing a caravan and being passed on the inside by one of our fellow canberrans only to find him around the next bend with his crewman blowing steam out from under the bonnet and his new Quintrex blocking half the road because he has seized the motor.............

I HATE THAT ROAD, i always forget about it soon enough though. I think it's hard to go past to south coast for a camping holiday!

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Our home is on the edge of the escarpment there in Reidsdale just before you start going down the Clyde. For many years we used to comute into Canberra and I always hated Friday afternoons heading home. There are some nice camping spots down around the Deua by the river. There is even one just in off Forest River Road. Anyhow, not to hijack the thread.

Pambula is great watching for the kids on the bouncing pillow over coffee and the paper ... happens too infrequently. I think the ensuite sites down there are great, close to the kitchen and other amenities.