16' Series great service from Jayco

Jaffagre

Dec 23, 2012
Mackay Queensland
Hi,

I know we hear a lot of negative stories about Jayco, but I just want to post a positive experience I have had with them over the past year.

Last December, after taking our van along some corrugated dirt roads (not four-wheel drive tracks), we noticed some holes appearing in our pop-top vinyl sideskirt, caused by screw heads under the roof rubbing through the vinyl into the steel on top of the side walls.

Also, after some heavy rain, I noticed a large amount of water leaking through the rooftop airconditioner. I removed the air con side panels and tightened up the mounting screws, which were very loose. I dont know why the air con was loose, but I can only assume the weight of the airconditioner banging up and down on the corrugated roads caused the roof to develop the bow in it?

We took the van to our local Jayco dealer (Jayco Mackay), who were very thorough in accessing why this was happening, and they were very sympathetic to our problem. They contacted Jayco head office, hoping for a warranty claim.

DSC_0246.JPG DSC_0285.JPG DSC_0269.JPG

After some negotiations and proof of servicing etc, we were given the good news - Jayco would replace the roof, but we would have to drive to Melbourne to have the work carried out (2,500km trip each way!). The van was significantly out of its 1year warranty period (it is a 2011 model).

We arranged the warranty work and details with Dean, from Jayco in Melbourne, who was fantastic to deal with. We arrived at Jayco during the September school holidays, and they replaced the roof in 3 days, paying for our accommodation costs in a motel, and reimbursed us for some of our travelling costs.

The roof was brand new, and included new lights, TV antenna and hatch. They also reinstalled and rewired our existing Solar panels on the roof. When we dropped it off, they even gave us a tour of the factory, which was amazing!

Thanks Jayco for being so great to deal with. I know that there are some people who complain about Jayco, but there is also a lot of them on the road (about 50% of all vans sold are Jayco's). I will certainly consider buying another Jayco in the future considering this level of customer support and care. We love our van, and our respect of Jayco has just got better! Well done Jayco, you have my support!

Hodges4

Oct 8, 2014
Had a similar experience with Jayco myself. Their out of warranty service is great.

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi,

I know we hear a lot of negative stories about Jayco, but I just want to post a positive experience I have had with them over the past year.

Last December, after taking our van along some corrugated dirt roads (not four-wheel drive tracks), we noticed some holes appearing in our pop-top vinyl sideskirt, caused by screw heads under the roof rubbing through the vinyl into the steel on top of the side walls.

Also, after some heavy rain, I noticed a large amount of water leaking through the rooftop airconditioner. I removed the air con side panels and tightened up the mounting screws, which were very loose. I dont know why the air con was loose, but I can only assume the weight of the airconditioner banging up and down on the corrugated roads caused the roof to develop the bow in it?

We took the van to our local Jayco dealer (Jayco Mackay), who were very thorough in accessing why this was happening, and they were very sympathetic to our problem. They contacted Jayco head office, hoping for a warranty claim.

View attachment 36859 View attachment 36861 View attachment 36860

After some negotiations and proof of servicing etc, we were given the good news - Jayco would replace the roof, but we would have to drive to Melbourne to have the work carried out (2,500km trip each way!). The van was significantly out of its 1year warranty period (it is a 2011 model).

We arranged the warranty work and details with Dean, from Jayco in Melbourne, who was fantastic to deal with. We arrived at Jayco during the September school holidays, and they replaced the roof in 3 days, paying for our accommodation costs in a motel, and reimbursed us for some of our travelling costs.

The roof was brand new, and included new lights, TV antenna and hatch. They also reinstalled and rewired our existing Solar panels on the roof. When we dropped it off, they even gave us a tour of the factory, which was amazing!

Thanks Jayco for being so great to deal with. I know that there are some people who complain about Jayco, but there is also a lot of them on the road (about 50% of all vans sold are Jayco's). I will certainly consider buying another Jayco in the future considering this level of customer support and care. We love our van, and our respect of Jayco has just got better! Well done Jayco, you have my support!
Gotta be happy with that, great stuff.

Reactions: Jaffagre