17' Series Goodbye Swan hello expanda

Lethalspanda

Oct 26, 2013
Salisbury West, Vic
Hi everyone, been lurking for a week or two gathering some very interesting tips and tricks.
Have a 17.56.2 OB on order due mid December. In the mean time trying to sell my 2011 Swan Outback privately due to poor trade in value at Dealer.
Decided to upgrade to something a bit bigger and easier to set up being that we are a family of six now.
Hopefully we can fit all our gear in it without to much drama.
Looking forward to many of chats with you guys on this super site

Reactions: Burnsy and Stan Lee

Lethalspanda

Oct 26, 2013
Salisbury West, Vic
Hi Brad, had a few options added. We went for extended drawbar, cd stereo with external speakers, shelves in robe, RV control panel, 100 a/hr battery, Anderson plug, 120w portable solar, solar provision, privacy screens, external shower, picnic table, tap to A frame, & wynguard Antenna.
Think that was all. Really keen on putting a tool box on the drawbar somewhere down the track.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome @Lethalspanda. You've certainly found the right spot to share the Expanda experience, and not too long to wait. We went Swan, Flamingo OB to 18.57-7. Pretty much got our money back on Flamingo ($20k) by selling on consignment thru the dealer. (Went in about a week). Good luck with selling the Swan (you'll miss it, but only for a few minutes!)

Reactions: Lethalspanda

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi everyone, been lurking for a week or two gathering some very interesting tips and tricks.
Have a 17.56.2 OB on order due mid December. In the mean time trying to sell my 2011 Swan Outback privately due to poor trade in value at Dealer.
Decided to upgrade to something a bit bigger and easier to set up being that we are a family of six now.

Gday and Welcome to the forum. Hope the sale comes through soon for you. Dont worry about fitting all the gear in, we did. Cheers Pace.

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au

Hi, we have done exactly the same - Swan to 17.56-2 OB, but trade in was reasonable for our older 06 Swan so we went with that. Sounds like a popular upgrade path!

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
Hi, we have done exactly the same - Swan to 17.56-2 OB, but trade in was reasonable for our older 06 Swan so we went with that. Sounds like a popular upgrade path!
Didn't anyone start in a tent?
We did. Stormed every floppin time. Then had 09 eagle ob.
Realised we wanted more so it went after one trip and got the expanda. Now I laugh at all the tents. Poor buggars,

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
Yep, same here. Use to cart around tent and a trailer load of camping gear. Always envied others whilst puting up and packing up all my gear.
A woman sat in the shade of her camper trailer for an hour in 40deg heat quietly laughing at me setting up our tent while I was throwing things left right and centre.
Needless to say I had a chuckle going past her in our boat as the wake near tipped her out of her canoe.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Yep tent for us, in our pre children years and into when our kids were little tackers we had our 4 man tent, trips to Alice Springs, Darwin, Perth and everywhere in between, used it for years. Upgraded to a soft floor trailer tent for the next 10 years when the kids wanted a bed (stretcher) of their own and now very recently upgraded to the 16.49.5 expanda outback. Love it, love it. love it !!! Makes Mrs. W. a very happy camper to have a kitchen on the INSIDE as opposed to the gas stove sitting outside on the camper tailgate with the bugs, the wind, the cold/heat, etc. etc. :)