16' Series G'day from Brissie

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
Hi we are a family of 5 and have just upgraded from a 2002 OB Hawk to a 2011 Jayco expander 16.49.2 OB. our hawk was on the market for a fair while and I had plenty of time to keep an eye out for our new expander. I found this particular model very difficult to find and we ended up driving down to Melbourne to pick it up, but I could not be happier as it came with so many extras and upgrades more than I ever expected to have or need?.
Longer draw bar
Gas heating
External shower and fixed shower awning and annexe
Hot water system
100 watt fixed solar panel
12 volt pump
Annex
12 volt tv
Numerous 12 volt plugs
So the to do list includes a bike rack ? Swing away on a frame, mount tv bracket (which fell off on the return journey), some kind of stereo system and a stone guard maybe a stone stomper. All advise welcome.

Thanks White knuckles
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: hamish22

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
:welcome: and thats a nice buy you got there. Like the external shower awning. Not to sure what toebar tongue you have but some can be turned over.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Welcome there guys sounds like youve got enough there to go out and see our great country , not forgetting theres always room for improvement !!!!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Welcome white knuckles, nice van and gas heating a big bonus. I hope you didn't come up with your name from the trip home! :)

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
@mfexpanda not yet have not even set it up myself, we only got it home from melbourne (via moster jam and taronga zoo) on monday, but in the coming weeks i will have a play and set it all up and get some photos.
@Frosty the Gas heater will be used in winter up here as the boss feels the cold and it will increase the amount of use the panda gets in winter plus we have a Victorian High country trip next april with another forum where the heater will be used and loved. :)

Reactions: mfexpanda

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
@mfexpanda not yet have not even set it up myself, we only got it home from melbourne (via moster jam and taronga zoo) on monday, but in the coming weeks i will have a play and set it all up and get some photos.
@Frosty the Gas heater will be used in winter up here as the boss feels the cold and it will increase the amount of use the panda gets in winter plus we have a Victorian High country trip next april with another forum where the heater will be used and loved. :)

@White knuckles ,Ha ha, I was just about to ask if you picked it up recently as i think i recognise the car. But i think the above quote goes some way to answering that.

Did you happen to be staying at the Lane Cove caravan park in against the fence along the entrance road Friday / Saturday? With your head under the bonnet at one stage?

We are from Brisbane as well, and were also in Sydney for the weekend for Monster Jam. (but everyone in that park was going) There was a car the same colour and lifted that took my eye, with an expanda next to it, i am thinking this was you now. I would normally stop and have a chat in this situation but as i was carrying my sleeping 3 year old child back from the train i was keen to get to the van as he was getting heavy.

Van looks like a good pickup, you will like this forum. Has a great feel, one of the best around IMO

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Welcome, nice van. You mentioned the TV bracket fell off. Not sure if you were travelling with a TV on it but sometimes better to travel with TV packet away. I too would like to see a photo of your shower set up. Have fun.

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Welcome, only new to the site also, had the panda for 2.5 years but looking to upgrading to full size Jayco. Looks like a great set up. Best thing we ever did. Great for family time...QUALITY TIME.