G'Day All .

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
G'Day all , I have just found this site thru no fault of my own surfing the web looking for info on Jayco Expandas. I come accross this site & was wrapped to say the least of what I found.

So, Allow me to introduce myself, I am going by the name of Doggy. Reason being is that I was born in 1970 & that was the year of the Dog. So basically that name has stuck.
Its quite ironic really because my lovely missus was born in 1971. It was the year of the Pig.
Thus we are " PIGDOG".
It just so happens I have a great passion for Pighunting & have taken it one step further over the last 10 years & have been a Wildgame Harvester for the overseas export market of Wild Boar. So theres a funny bit of useless trivia for you all into the background of the hows,whys & whens I am called Doggy.

We Have three girls rangeing from the Boy crazy 16 yrs old , to 13 yrs old who thinks she is 16, Lol! & a beautiful 6 yr old . All great girls , but like most of us in this mad world, we all have our moments I guess.

We have a great passion for the outdoors & have travelled quite extensively over Australia & Overseas. We love fising,camping,hunting,photography,horses & anything to do with the outdoors.

As a kid I grew up on the family holidays with mum & dad in the Caravan. As time went on & I become my own identity the caravan fell by the wayside for a
swag & or Tent of some description.

Now how funny is it that you come a full circle & to announce we have just purchased our first van as a family.
We have just signed up for a Jayco Expanda 18.57.8 Outback. A massive list of extras including as follows, Extended Draw Bar, Tregg Hitch,Simplicity Suspension, Inner Spring Matresses, 184 ltr Fridge/freezer up grade, Dual Batteries, BBQ provision for our Webber, Bayonett to hook the Webber straight to, External Shower, Outside table, Awning, A/C, Stereo with external speakers, 22" LCD TV/DVD on wall mount bracket, Oven, water tank & battery information panel. There may be more but thats all I can think of at the minute.
Its ordered & should be ready early to mid November at the Jayco Factory.
Really looking forward to it & is pretty much our xmas present.
Our next step is to purchase the 76 series Landcruiser & then we are off , no stopping us. I have a 79 series trayback ute but we cannot get the kids in that one. Oh sometimes I think just me & the missus , oh the kids, r well what a shame they cant come !!!!! Lol ! Mummy has an 08 Toyota Rav 4 Cruiser that is on the market to make the upgrade all possible.

Anyway folks its been great telling you all a little about ourselves , & look forward to many chats & great info & yarns that will come from the Expanda Site.

Cheers to all & happy Caravaning in the great outdoors,
Regards,
Doggy & Family.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day Doggy and family, welcome to the forum mate.

Looks like our vans might be coming of the factory floor next to each other..lol. We also have the 18.57-8 due early-mid Nov. We optioned our similar to yours with a couple of small differences.
Now the waiting game begins..................bring on November..haha

Anyway, welcome again.

Cheers

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
Welcome Doggy,

Nice to get on a great site isn't it, these guys hear have all the answers.
Good to see another QUEENSLANDER.

Welcome and enjoy...

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Hey g'day NissPat. Awesome mate, what differences mate did you go for? Did you get the solar set on your 57-8?

Yeah, will have 120w solar (bit expensive but I'm lazy..haha)and I got an annex. Stayed with the 150l fridge and normal foam mattress .
Whats the BBQ provision for the webber? I have a picnic table so I'm hoping my BabyQ100 will fit on that.

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Thanks to all you lads for your feedback on my questions. I guess to some they may be straight forward to seasoned caravaners. God help me if I dont get it right , there will be mayham !!!!! Lol !

Hey Boots, always up for a yarn mate & love the FNQ Great Northern Beer over a yarn or 6 ! Lol . Good to see such friendly & willing people to reply to questions asked. Site can only get better.