16' Series G'Day all

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
G'day all,

I was referred here from another camper trailer forum by Cruzer Driver. We have just bought a 2011 16.49-3 outback, to be picked up on the 20th of January. We are a family of 5 moving back to caravanning following some time in a camper. Still wanting to stay away from the bitumen when I can though.

Later this year we are heading to the cape and are planning on taking the Expanda all the way to the tip (not up the OTT though).

Cheers for now Cracka

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Cracka and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new purchase. I bet you cant wait to pick her up!

I cant wait to see how you go with it up north.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Gday Cracka and welcome aboard , good model youve picked you wont look back and dispite what others say -critics EXPANDAS do go most places and survive ...

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: Cracka good to see you have made your way over here mate and welcome to the forum.

Plenty of helpful info to keep you busy till your pick up date :thumb:

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi cracka,
Welcome from us also, we love the forum, sure you will also. Everyone is super helpful, everyone brings their unique experiences and knowledge for us all to learn and share. Can't wait to hear about the trip up to gods country :)

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Thanks all for the welcome, only 11 more sleeps till we pick up the Expanda. I will post lots of pictures then.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Cracka. Good that Cruza talked you into joining us, you will find lots of friendly and helpful people here. Sounds like a great first trip up north, be great to hear how the Expanda handles it.

Panda man

Nov 30, 2012
Rock valley NSW
Welcome to a great forum cracka and i love your choice of expanda!! I have only been a member here a few short months and found this site by accident when i was looking for some info for our 16.49.3 OB. . Believe me, there is nothing you can't ask that these forum members wont have a solution to, a clever bunch by any standard.

All the best

Tony

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Not that I'm counting, but only 9 sleeps until we head off to pick the van up, then a nice shakedown trip on the way home.:high5:

Cheers

Craig

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Countdown till pick up continues. The electric brake controller was fitted into the Ranger yesterday. This was a jib I have been planning on doing since I took delivery of the Car in early September, just been too busy to do it.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Countdown till pick up continues. The electric brake controller was fitted into the Ranger yesterday. This was a jib I have been planning on doing since I took delivery of the Car in early September, just been too busy to do it.

What control did you put in?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I had a redarc in the Hilux, so I took that out ready for the change over. After caravanning for nearly 20 years and using the pendulum style controllers, I have been very impressed with the neatness and control of the remote unit.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
1 more week at work then off to Coffs to pick the van up. This time next week, be kicking it back in Coffs and be able to post some pics up.