Gas Regulations Change

smwilk

Apr 6, 2012
Gold Coast
I too advised today that I can only have one although the dealer said they maybe able to fit once delivered. No explanation was given.

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Having just picked up our 14.44.5 Expanda, I can confirm we received 2 bayonets, one near the front, one near the rear. The are located next to each of the drop down stabilisers, and the front one is under the Expanda boot.

Cheers

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
seanparky,

Sounds like a lot of crapola or dealer spin!

Ask them to show you the regulation change document.

Picked up our Expanda threeweeks ago and it had two (2) gas bayonets on it; one at front and one at rear at each of the drop down jacks - no problems!

Our Expanda's build date was July 2012 - doubt regulations have changed that quickly.

smwilk

Apr 6, 2012
Gold Coast
I picked up mine 3 weeks ago and no rear bayonet as previously advised. Dealer refunded $80. Too late now but I wish someone could get to the bottom of this.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yes very strange indeed, ours is an August build with front and rear bayonets but I don't like where they put the front one, it's mounted underneath the front crossmember and is subject to damage IMO. If it was me i would have mounted it up behind the crossmember for protection....it wouldn't bother me getting on my hands and knees to plug in! It almost seems like the factory have two people who check the orders.....one says yes and the other says no, and who you get is luck of the draw!

Cheers.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Mine is a July 12 build too but was not given the second bayonet. I think Burnsy's theory is right!

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Just on that note I have just purchased the gas bayonet fittings from the factory spares shop. What I need if someone can help me is some to take photo's of the bayonets fitted under the caravan as I'm unsure how they factory use the mounting plate.

Before anyone asks I do have a qualified gas fitter doing the install. "Help required"

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
rojoberry,

Here is a photo of a rear bayonet. Hope it helps.

IMG_1420.JPG

Cheers,

Ro

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
So let me get this right. Some regulation prevents a second bayonete yet on some of the expanda models the gas exhaust point actually happens to be positioned in a such a spot that if you ever installed a annexe means that the exhaust point is on an internal wall???? :boom: