Gas Regulations Change

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Sounds like a load of crap to me expanda, if you have shut off valves fitted to each outlet I don't see the problem! But it doesn't surprise me if this is true.

Cheers.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Why?

Burnsy - Agreed!

Australia - Where the ignorant, stupid and foolish make the rules. Everything is either mandatory or prohibited.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I don't get it either :(

I asked for more detail before I will sign of on the confirmation.....

But there is a note from the factory on the confirmation "Only one bayonet is an option due to gas regs"

I am awaiting a reply....

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Ask for the specific reg and it's implementation date. Wouldn't surprise me if they were making it up.

If not, what of all the vans with 2 and a valid certificate. Like I said, the ignorant, stupid and foolish make the rules - time for revolution!

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Sound a wee bit odd.
The australian standard "Gas installations -- Part 2: LP Gas installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes" was ammended in Jan last year, and I beleive is again currently under review and has been since the start of the year, but I believe it a 1 year process.
ADR is still a Nov 2010 issue, so no update there.
Unless, you being located in the State of Legislation, NSW RTA could be over-riding the standard (which they can do)

FYI the following is the abreviated Aust Std for gas regs from Energy Safe Vic.
http://http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=WKDuDk6Ozpw%3D&tabid=341&mid=1541

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey all, has anyone got a confirmation order from Jayco recently?

I am being told that you ca only have one gas bayonet know due to a change in regulations.

Any one else hear this?

Thats not true. I know a Plumber on the assembly line. Jayco's are Plumbed to Victorian guidelines, thats why you will have a Victorian certificate of Compliance.

Cheers

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Yes I can vouch for this as we also got knocked back on the second bayonet when we signed the final build contract last week.

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
I just rang Prestige Jayco and spoke to our salesman who contacted Jayco and gained confirmation that our van will have 2 bayonets. He spoke to one of the designers who checked up and have not heard anything about any regulation change removing the possibility of 2 gas bayonets.

The intrigue continues.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
The information I am getting is two fold -

1) Due to the proximity of the gas bayonet to the trunk door in the Discovery model they cannot put the bayonet at the rear

2) If we delete the external trunk door they can put the bayonet at the rear of the van but they still can only add 1 bayonet due to a recent change in the regulations

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Ask for the regulation No? Do I take it that they dont want a bayonet near the trunk door, but they will allow gas bottles and a regulator in a trunk?

Geoff

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Ask for the regulation No? Do I take it that they dont want a bayonet near the trunk door, but they will allow gas bottles and a regulator in a trunk?

Geoff

:) You understand my pain.... However the trunk is enclosed and doesn't lead into the van so I guess that's how there getting away with that.

They won't give the regulation, just direct info from the planners in the factory in melbourne.

Unfortunately I have to sign off on one of the above two options...

Not sure of the actuall positioning but I am definately getting two, one near the front, one near the rear.

Yep I have had two vans now, this is our third and both of the previous ones had two bayonets.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Interesting. I have 2 on order for my 17.56.2. Haven't done final sign off yet. I'm a bit scared to ring and ask them! Luckily it's not going to be a deal breaker.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Just got word that the factory has come back and said 1 outlet only doe to regs.
I will speak to the dealer tomorrow but it looks like I will only get one too.
Interestingly, I was also asking for a rear access boot door, but they have said it is not and option either. I thought I read that someone else had got one at the factory?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
The confusion could be to do with a new law that does not let you fit a new bayonet inside a dwelling. Cannot see a problem with two bayonets outside. I am having 3 on mine:evil:

Geoff