16' Series gas bayonet

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
having a gas bayonet fitted tomorrow for outside bbq , my question is where has everyone placed theres on there pandas .
what a great place you live ,,,, put it where its easy to get to for you mines right underneath its a pain to get to will move it soon

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
having a gas bayonet fitted tomorrow for outside bbq , my question is where has everyone placed theres on there pandas .
I have two fitted... The original at the back but underneath as per @Bluey 's. The second at the front on the a-frame but still underneath.
Rear one is used when no awning walls fitted and the front when the walls are fitted.

what a great place you live ,,,, put it where its easy to get to for you mines right underneath its a pain to get to will move it soon
Be careful where you move it to @Bluey as there are certain requirements for location in relation to protection of them!

This is where I fitted the front one
Img_0303_Resized.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My factory bayonet was at the front of the chassis just behind the first large chassis cross member basically under the front boot hatch.

I added a second bayonet myself behind the rear (dual) wheel mud flap so I can set up the Weber either end dependant on weather. If I was restricted to one bayonet I prefer the wheel one because its under the awning and if I want to leave the Weber out ... some places we've stayed I would prefer to have it away from the road end.

Reactions: McKenzie

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
On our Expanda, we had one front and one back, the way things worked out we never used the front one. Used the back one all the time. Like Crusty we liked to keep the Weber away from the road. Down the back was out of the way. On the new van, I've ordered it with just the single outlet and down the back.
We also asked for it at the back, or at least behind the wheel but factory fitted at the front. Have bought materials to fit a second to the rear.....will post photos once done.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Mines under the van towards the front in line with the awning arm but I have a 2m hose that lets me move it a fair bit. And that's correct I don't have a Panda.