18' Series Fused pin 9

Laid Back Lenny

Aug 16, 2015
East Kurrajong
Just finished a 10 hour drive home and found I couldn't unplug the 12 pin sockets. I have since replaced the male and female plugs

It appears pin 9 has fused together.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Seems like this happens all to often. Many people have said that the larger 12v pins melt. The common theory is that the pins become loose and the resistance causes excessive heat. Some people just keep an eye on it and spread the male pins to keep tight and others (like me) throw the 12 pin plug away and replace with a 7 pin and an Anderson plug for the heavier power.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes, I agree with @Vere if your wanting to run the fridge (Pin 9) running an Anderson is a far far better idea
also running a separate Anderson for your Stability Control is a good idea

Reactions: Drover

SkinnyBuddah

Jul 12, 2015
Ballarat
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Rather than drop the 12 pin all together I used pin 9 as the activate voltage for a relay. The relay switched on power from the Anderson plug to the fridge. As the Anderson was wired straight to the battery in the van as well at least this way the fridge would only activate when we were hooked up to the car and the Anderson plug. Unplug either and power dropped to the fridge. Obviously this ment I was draining the van batteries when the car was off brevet being there was a voltage sensitive relay between the car and Anderson that would disconnect when the car was off for 5 min lol

Reactions: Drover and bigcol