14' Series First weekend away.

Gregg

Jun 5, 2016
South Morang
hi everyone. We had our first weekend away in our new 14.44-4. Short trip up to Castlemaine Big 4.
We all had so much fun. Kids didn't want to come home. My daughter said " don't go to work dad. Let's go to another caravan park". Happy times. One quick question. What number do you all set your fridge to. We had ours on 6 and we had frozen eggs.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
hi everyone. We had our first weekend away in our new 14.44-4. Short trip up to Castlemaine Big 4.
We all had so much fun. Kids didn't want to come home. My daughter said " don't go to work dad. Let's go to another caravan park". Happy times. One quick question. What number do you all set your fridge to. We had ours on 6 and we had frozen eggs.
Normally 2-3 for me. Do yourself a favour and get yourself a digital thermometer to keep track of the temps. Great to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Reactions: Gregg and bigcol

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Normally 3-4 for me. It's easy to think a higher number will make things cool more quickly. Not the case. These fridges just need time to get down to temperature. You can't rush them!

Reactions: Gregg and Marv_mart

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
we normally have ours between 3-4
the thermometer that people are suggesting are either this one
which is good, but takes up room & has batteries in both units

s-l500.jpg

or
this one
thermo (2).JPG
which you can fit into your fridge surround, so its a nice neat finish - like below

IMAG0867.jpg

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Fridge setting depends a lot on prevailing conditions. Often set it on high to get it cool then turn to 3 ish to keep it cool. Up north when in hot conditions had to turn to high 6? all the time.
Also gas more efficient than 240V so tend to keep on lower setting.
Best thing I did was get one of those companion fridge temp monitors that has a sensor in the fridge and a dig display that I hang just above the seats. Adjust settings accordingly.