17' Series First trip in the expanda and my first post

Sparkdog99

Mar 15, 2015
Gold Coast
Sold the jayco outback dove in nov ( dragged the dove all over west qld without an issue but when child no 3 arrived it was time to go). Picked up our 17-56-2 2 weeks ago (2014 model). Took it for its first outing on the weekend and I am one happy camper.

Initial thoughts - much quicker to set up, heaps more room, the wife loved the hot water and shower, the kids loved the bunks. The only negatives so far is the mattress is hard and the roof over the bed is low. I reckon my wife hit her head on the hockey stick every time she got up to feed the baby.

Looking forward to doing a few mods when I get the chance.

Cheers Sparkdog99

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @Sparkdog99 from another Gold Coaster. It appears the 17 footers are very popular :D and you have followed the natural progression from camper to Expanda and found the ease of setup one of the biggest benefits. Enjoy the new van and keep us posted on your travels and mods (with plenty of pictures). :photo::photo:

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome @Sparkdog99 from another happy 2014 17.56.2OB owner..... We went straight from the tent to a 16.49.3 tourer (Bypassed the progression to a camper). Upgraded to the 17'er last year and never looked back.

Looking forward to reading your trip reports, pics and mods :)

Last edited:
Reactions: chartrock

Sparkdog99

Mar 15, 2015
Gold Coast
I'll post a photo when I can as I have to keep it in storage as it won't fit in the front yard. Starting to write a list of things that I'll need to do to it.