14' Series First Service

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about when to get the first service done.

I will have as recommended in the book the 1000km done by early next month and over Christmas we are heading to Tasmania.

So should I be getting the service done before I go or wait until I come back where the van will have done about 6000km and be closer to the 3 months usage?

Thanks
Duncan

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi Duncan personally id get it done now coming straight from the factory floor to you with a few Ks on it better to be safe than sorry you dont want to be stranded on a holiday ..

Russell

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I didn't even have my first service done.
The first 1000k's came up on the 2nd day of our 1st trip somewhere near Narrabri.

It's first service was done 4 months and 23000k's later...........haha.

I think you'll be fine whichever way you choose.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Duncan personally id get it done now coming straight from the factory floor to you with a few Ks on it better to be safe than sorry you dont want to be stranded on a holiday ..

Russell
agreed, book in as you want to get away with peace of mind, remember to keep an eye on the temp coming from the brakes though and tension of the wheel nuts too in the beginning so you give them feedback. cheers pace.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Thanks Guys,

I have rung a left a message to get it booked in before Christmas.

I have checked the brakes last weekend after 100klms and they seemed fine.

Thanks
Duncan

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey Duncan
After a couple of comments on brakes I got under the van to check the wiring. The electrical tape was missing from one wheel that covered the connections. Not huge and yes I can fix myself, but simple stuff that is worth a check.

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Get it checked, mine was recalled back in April for wheel stud issues, and guess what..mine had the fault , had just done 800k, so it was worth it, the other thing is pre book it in if you know your itinerary , in vic or nsw or even tassie, you only have to use an authorised jayco repairer and cheaper too. Goodluck, Matt

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just go to a decent mechanic get the brakes, bearings and shackles etc checked, should be no more than $150 and you know the important things have been checked by a qualified mechanic.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
I have it booked in at the Jayco Authorized Service centre just down the road from work in a couple of weeks time. They are doing the service a fixing a couple small warranty things.

Thanks everyone
Duncan