Exterior Fiberglass Scratch

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
Has anyone done any minor scratch repairs to the fiberglass? I gouged mine on the fence today :( . I will get a new decal from Jayco bu would appreciate any advice on scratch repair. Its not someting I have done but will give it a go.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I bought some white gelcoat from a boating shop and fixed the stone chips on the front of our expanda. Looked up online, filled the chips with gelcoat and then put clear cellophane tape (sticky) over it. When dry peeled it off. Came up well.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I did the same to mine on the gate post.

The guys at RVGO suggested that the only way to make sure you cant see the repair is to re do the whole side, which will make it an inurance job.

Will be looking at claiming and getting it done in the New Year.

Managed not only to gouge 1/2 way down the side of the van, but also scratched the awning arm and cracked the picnic table as well.

SWMBO has not stopped reminding me for months now :(

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
Thanks for the tips. Fortunately mine is not that significant and a few little touch ups should do it. I got a ruler and a Stanley knife and cut the decal so it has a line in it and cleaned off the glue with some spirit and it already looks 100% better. Only someone with an expanda would know the sticker shouldn't look like that. I will give the gel coat a go when we get back home.

I know to well about being reminded from the wife too!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
See photos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 295

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
A stripey panda!

Very good and it looks fine. At least you'll always be able to find yours in a crowded caravan park.

Horrible feeling isn't it when you do it?

Reactions: Mick_309