20' Series Factory ATM plate upgrade

Mosue

Oct 14, 2016
Perth WA
Just picked up my van, having got an upgrade- The axle was 50mm so was fine. I had 1 extra spring put in,new U bolts, shockies were fine,a breakaway fitted,new Tregg 3tn hitch & brake assembly (mine was only a 2t)- the compliance Inspector, then researched and found my tyres/rims (only 5k on the tyres) we not rated for the increase in load....:( so as the rest of the work had been done I had no choice but to have them replaced with 1210kg capacity 16" ( another expense i didnt need!!) on top of that the inspector charges $550, to sign off on it!!!!!
All up I was in for $2940. and due to the Jayco design got 250kg. now ATM 2250kg. My model couldn't go any higher in ATM without major work that would not be viable. Before it went in, it seemed I could get an extra 400kg, by Peter looking at my van ID on the Jayco site. but on closer inspection it wasn't to be!!

I don't like what I paid, but we bought the van at a good price,are very happy with it, have no reason to sell it on any time soon and now know I will be underweight with whatever I chuck in the the van.
Peter at PDA Caravans WA, was very apologetic about the mishap with the tyres & Jayco rims only rates for 100kg, which wasn't spotted with the quote, but a very professional service and I'd use him again if I needed work done!!!!

Reactions: bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Just picked up my van, having got an upgrade- The axle was 50mm so was fine. I had 1 extra spring put in,new U bolts, shockies were fine,a breakaway fitted,new Tregg 3tn hitch & brake assembly (mine was only a 2t)- the compliance Inspector, then researched and found my tyres/rims (only 5k on the tyres) we not rated for the increase in load....:( so as the rest of the work had been done I had no choice but to have them replaced with 1210kg capacity 16" ( another expense i didnt need!!) on top of that the inspector charges $550, to sign off on it!!!!!
All up I was in for $2940. and due to the Jayco design got 250kg. now ATM 2250kg. My model couldn't go any higher in ATM without major work that would not be viable. Before it went in, it seemed I could get an extra 400kg, by Peter looking at my van ID on the Jayco site. but on closer inspection it wasn't to be!!

I don't like what I paid, but we bought the van at a good price,are very happy with it, have no reason to sell it on any time soon and now know I will be underweight with whatever I chuck in the the van.
Peter at PDA Caravans WA, was very apologetic about the mishap with the tyres & Jayco rims only rates for 100kg, which wasn't spotted with the quote, but a very professional service and I'd use him again if I needed work done!!!!
Ouch, good to get the extra 250kg but needed up being a hefty cost at nearly $12 per kilo.

Glad your happy with the end result but I think I'll need to put up with what I have

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
do you have to go through PDA and their inspector,
or
can you "slowly" accumulate the bits required, then go in.........

curious