18' Series Extra powerpoints

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi all.

Typically, what Circuit breakers do Jayco run for their 240v circuit?
We are forever having issues with our current van where we need to turn the microwave off before we boil the kettle, etc!
I understand that it's a 15 amp input and probably 10amp wiring, but can I run a kettle and fan heater at the same time at least?

Thanks
Peter

I think you'll find it's generally the parks breaker at the pole that will pop first? Has in my case.

I tend to try and get all things 12v so have max freedom. I even have a 12v charger for the Lenovo laptop and 12v charger for the 18v battery drill.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mines got this job and I can run HWS, Jug and AC without tripping even the MIG if I don't crank it up too much or do big runs. I've added extra 12v/USB sockets easier, cheaper and when off grid they come into their own.

switch.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nah, no welders taken away, if I need one they are cheap as chips nowadays, cheapy from Bunnings would do the job. I know the MIG will work as I was working outside once and the lead was a bit short but the van was plugged in so I plugged into it and it all worked, only a small unit though.
After a few of my mods my MIG deserved a holiday, so I left it in the shed to rest.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Nah, no welders taken away, if I need one they are cheap as chips nowadays, cheapy from Bunnings would do the job. I know the MIG will work as I was working outside once and the lead was a bit short but the van was plugged in so I plugged into it and it all worked, only a small unit though.
After a few of my mods my MIG deserved a holiday, so I left it in the shed to rest.
My son dropped his huge shop MIG off at the factory for me to finish off my mods, and shock, horror I ran out of gas after about 15 mins. I suspect it was part if his naive plan that he expected me to replace the giant mega bottle.

But, my son, a valuable lesson is to be leant. Experience and wisdom always wins

Schools in. Wont he be surprised when he collects it, complete with empty giant mega bottle and the balance of a tiny 400g roll of gasless wire sitting in a wooden cradle i whipped up from scrap timber. Schools out.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
12v sockets?

Obviously when off 240 ....most of our time.....phone chargers x 2, iPad chargers *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*, ereader chargers *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*, power bank chargers *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*, TV, and when necessary camera charger, uhf charger. With kids, you'd need more!

When on 240, we still use TV on 12v, and use usb cables plugged into a 240 plug.

We have 6 12v sockets inside and 2 externally.

Have just invested in a very high capacity power bank with capacity to jump start car and with 4 usbs...amazingly light and powerful so will give us the safety margin we want, without the need for an extra heavy battery.

It can also charge the laptop if we feel the need to take it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
TV, WiFi Hotspot, phone chargers, small beer fridge all run off 12v all the time, 240v for coffee, keeping the main battery charged, fridge and HWS mostly, that way when no 240v only have to plug in solar and fire up gas for HWS and fridge, no stuffing around with chargers and stuff. Oh have an inverter if need to charge laptop, stupid thing wants 15v.

Reactions: bigcol

12Enjoy

Jul 26, 2015
Mareeba North Queensland
Well you wouldn't credit it after me mouthing off we have plenty of points the other half should I say better half ;) wants another point in the kitchen near the pantry. Does anyone know where to get the power points that come standard?

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
They are the cms system and most Jayco dealers stock them as well as caravan plus in queanbeyan.

Reactions: Drover

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We found it easier to simply double the 12v sockets.

Easy to tap into if wiring was sufficient and just made sure it would charge iPad.

Thankfully ours were located in logical places ...we must have been lucky but we did carefully scrutinise the plan before we signed off on it.

Reactions: bigcol