Exterior External speaker position

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
Hi all, we have a 2014 1756.1 and looking at installing a stereo and wondering where to install the external speakers. Can anyone tell me exactly where Jayco installed speakers on other units as I don't wish to drill near a pillar/beam. If someone can give me dimensions from the centre of the speaker to the front/ rear and bottom of the black checker plate would be appriciated.
Thanks in advance.

Arkraider

Jan 6, 2015
Melbourne
How did you go with the install? Considering this as an after thought if I buy new because budget won't stretch to include at build...

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi Jobswan I installed a set of Fusion external speaks into my sisters 17-56.1 and what I did was a search for images of the van on Google this will give you a pretty good idea where Jayco mounted them. Unfortunately my sisters van is in storage and cannot get to it or I would send the exact measurements. Another option is to see if the local dealer has any on a demo model sitting in the yard, if so you can grab a couple of measurements and photo's. The job it's self is not hard just a little fiddly running the speaker cable for the right hand speak pretty much 1/2 way around the inside base of the cupboards with the existing wiring loom. Have fun.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Guys if you have look on the starcraft 17:58 thread I posted up some picks of where I found uprights. http://www.expandasdownunder.com/th...-3-options-quirks-post-them-here.5166/page-21
Basically on a jayco you have a 25mm alloy frame goes completely around the circumference with two uprights each end , the front one drops where the roof line rolls in if that make sense?.

A quality stud finder might work in the fiberglass vans, or from inside? The other thing is if the speakers are going to back onto a cupboard or under a bunk. Drill a few small holes from inside to gauge what's there, you soon tell between solid wood, alloy or foam. And there not noticeable under the bunk if you don't use them.

Maybe like this but not as much. Once I knew nothing impeded it I drilled a small hole right through, checked outside and then if using a holesaw drill from outside in till I was half way then drilled from inside out. It minimizes chipping the timber .

image.jpg