16' Series Extended Draw Bar, ESC and 16'wheels

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
Hi All,

We have finally decided and ordered a 16.49-3 OB, Yippee!!. We have already struck what we believe is a good deal, and are now looking at adding a couple more items to our Expanda. Our van does not come off the line until around 6th Feb, 2016 model and can still make adjustments.

1. ESC
2. Extended Draw Bar
3. 16 inch wheels

We are looking at adding these after reading some comments on this forum. ( thanks )

Does anyone know the approximate cost of these?

Reactions: achjimmy and bigcol

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
After market is $1300 and if you ask at measure up can be wired with an ando or prewire route
In saying that look out for specials sometimes can be had for under a 1000 and lower again for prewire

Reactions: Jeremy Johnson

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi All,

We have finally decided and ordered a 16.49-3 OB, Yippee!!. We have already struck what we believe is a good deal, and are now looking at adding a couple more items to our Expanda. Our van does not come off the line until around 6th Feb, 2016 model and can still make adjustments.

1. ESC
2. Extended Draw Bar
3. 16 inch wheels

We are looking at adding these after reading some comments on this forum. ( thanks )

Does anyone know the approximate cost of these?
Congratulations on your purchase!
I have a 2015 Jayco Journey and ESC cost me about $900, which I thought would be great peace of mind. I would get the 16 inch wheel upgrade as wheels and tires have a higher load load rating, which I think is a benefit on a single axle caravan.
Cheers
Nick

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
Hi all,

I have a question about the load rating on the tyres. I checked the load rating today on the tyres at the jayco dealer, and the load rating only changed by about 30kg per tyre which means a total change of 60kg for the van. The cost is about $390' three tyres. I decided against the upgrade, just wanted peoples thoughts?

JJ

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hi all,

I have a question about the load rating on the tyres. I checked the load rating today on the tyres at the jayco dealer, and the load rating only changed by about 30kg per tyre which means a total change of 60kg for the van. The cost is about $390' three tyres. I decided against the against the upgrade, just wanted peoples thoughts?

JJ
That would be on the Jayco tyres. Others have the 16s and get "good" tyres with higher load ratings which is important on a single axel van.

Reactions: dagree

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
You will find the load rating worthwhile to check as I had to replace my van tyres as I wanted to increase the AGM capacity. I was overweight just by adding another water tank as we wanted to free camp as we traveled around AU. I also had to add an electronic breakaway unit, but already had electric brakes with 12" brake drums.

http://toyotires.com.au/tyre-tips/load-speed

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Should be more than 30kg even with there cheap GT tires? But you will struggle to get any 15"s that have a load rating adquete for a loaded 16:49-3

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
Hi @achjimmy , definitely 30 kg per tyre, but since then, I have been to a seperate tyre supplier and with the 16 Light truck tyres I can get about an extra 300kg in total if I buy new tyres also. About $900 in total with tyres and rims. Still wondering what to do?