16' Series Dust Problems

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've checked out those holes for the A/C and they don't vent into the van unless the box isn't sealed properly, they just suck air from below thru the unit and out the side vent so shouldn't be venting or dragging dust in when going down the road.

Yes it's behind why?

If they played with your shower they could have stuffed the seal on the wheel arch was all I was thinking.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I've checked out those holes for the A/C and they don't vent into the van unless the box isn't sealed properly, they just suck air from below thru the unit and out the side vent so shouldn't be venting or dragging dust in when going down the road.

If they played with your shower they could have stuffed the seal on the wheel arch was all I was thinking.

nah its all good, the wheel arch is under the seat.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Drover another advantage of doing what @Stone Stomper has done with the a/c flap is stop rocks bouncing up in there. I haven't done the hatch myself yet but will be, as I have collected rocks from most states now :)

Yep,yep.....mine seems to be in one of the few spots that seems to miss any stone damage and now it's right behind my mud flap as well. Though I did at one stage put a alloy expanded mesh cover over them for awhile until I needed it for something else.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I just gotta remember to put my door back up, need to replace the timber after the corner trip. Forgot to put it up after leaving and gave it a good workout.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bring this thread back to the surface..............

My rig had had the joys of dirt running this Autumn Sojourn this time on fair dinkum dirt roads, that nice soft red stuff and shaken really well and while I was pleased that only a little bit got in mainly poor door seal and a bit in the ensuite thru the vinyl vent, my roof isn't sealing very well on one side. I checked all the cubby holes and as before all clear. My mesh over the AC intake did take a direct hit by the look of things and they are only about a foot fom my big mud flaps, damn rocks. The rubber I mounted around the water tanks connections has worked very well again.

So the question is has anybody replaced the seal around the pop top ??? Looks like a generic type seal to me.

Where I said in an earlier post about using door seal to help seal the roof, while it works okay I had to remove it as it woks as a dam when in rains.

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Bring this thread back to the surface..............

My rig had had the joys of dirt running this Autumn Sojourn this time on fair dinkum dirt roads, that nice soft red stuff and shaken really well and while I was pleased that only a little bit got in mainly poor door seal and a bit in the ensuite thru the vinyl vent, my roof isn't sealing very well on one side. I checked all the cubby holes and as before all clear. My mesh over the AC intake did take a direct hit by the look of things and they are only about a foot fom my big mud flaps, damn rocks. The rubber I mounted around the water tanks connections has worked very well again.

So the question is has anybody replaced the seal around the pop top ??? Looks like a generic type seal to me.

Where I said in an earlier post about using door seal to help seal the roof, while it works okay I had to remove it as it woks as a dam when in rains.
mine just has a sticky backed foam seal like on a door jam to keep draft out very cheap and nasty I think could be something better I think