Exterior Does anyone have this model Jockey wheel

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
If so can you explain how it works, it is supposed to do the folowing....

Features
Rotating the shaft allows the van to go sideways (This will have limited effect on Tandem vans for sideway motion where we would recommend a double wheel maco mule only).
Placing the blue button in the stop position will prevent free wheeling in any direction, but is not to be used as a parking brake.
Provides 4 functions:

• Forward
  • Reverse
  • Sideways
  • image.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
looks similar to the one I have in my shed (with a flat wheel)

works on the same principle as a Roo Jack ( Hi Lift Jack) as you swing the handle - it moves one way, move the handle the other way and it goes that way
Jack 1.JPG

jack 2.JPG

maybe help.......??????

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Thanks, this my my second ratchet wheel, I know how they work, I wondered if anyone had this model and knew how to set the buttons

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
If so can you explain how it works, it is supposed to do the folowing....

Features
Rotating the shaft allows the van to go sideways (This will have limited effect on Tandem vans for sideway motion where we would recommend a double wheel maco mule only).
Placing the blue button in the stop position will prevent free wheeling in any direction, but is not to be used as a parking brake.
Provides 4 functions:

• Forward
  • Reverse
  • Sideways
Mate i have one on my camper trailer, i will have to have a look at the buttons so that i can explain it to you, unfortunately i want be able to do that until Saturday, Sun or Monday due to work commitments if that is ok. If you need to know earlier let me know and i will try to get to it ASAP. Cheers

Reactions: Janbo

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I have one on Swifty. It does work but don't know how. You can move the van left or right. You can move the van back or forward but not on an incline. Also you need an awful lot of weight on it. It won't move a well balanced van. Been there failed that.
Have fun and I have no idea what the buttons do I just know it works.

Reactions: skippy

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
I had one, and used it on a Hawk, but it got thrown away, as it let go and I nearly copped the handle in the face and put my shoulder out, lucky not to have done more damage to myself!

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
I have one on Swifty. It does work but don't know how. You can move the van left or right. You can move the van back or forward but not on an incline. Also you need an awful lot of weight on it. It won't move a well balanced van. Been there failed that.
Have fun and I have no idea what the buttons do I just know it works.

I think I can work out backwards and forwards, its the sideways I need to find out about.