Discovery 4

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Thanks for the info, I better get the bar ordered as there is a long wait.

Cheers
Mike

I ordered mine through a general 4wd shop and had a two week wait. Another chap ordered his through an ARB shop direct and waited weeks for it to be made up; to be eventually told they were more interested in 200 series production than making Disco bars. This was at the same time as mine was delivered and installed.....
I don't know if that means they support their on-sellers more than their own sales dept?????

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Well just to keep it fresh, time a new photo
xx_resize.jpg

Reactions: SilverFox

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
I love the D4, the minister wont have a bar of it though after the TD5 D2 started WW3 between her and i and almost sent us broke, Looks like i'll be sticking to japso_O

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I Haven't been around much on the forum due to work loads, but a couple of small updates to show off.

I had the spare removed from underneath and installed a 80 litre aux tank and an rear wheel carrier. Went for the smaller aux tank than Long Ranger for cost and weight, and unlike some of the other brands, still has a transfer pump rather than joined with the main.(still cost me $250 to fill both yesterday though). The tank is a Dolium brand and for a small extra cost had a light bash plate over it
The carrier as one installed behind the plastic bumper is again considerably light (-75kg) than a Kaymar replacement bar, and cheaper :)
Both fitted by Opposite Lock in Mitcham.
I still need to fit a work light at some point, but not rushed to do so.

IMG_0861.JPG

Also had a semi-custom cargo barrier made by Autosafe. Standard is a full screen, but I only wanted a half height. This means the seats can still be folded down for long cargo, or for the kids to be able to get to their boxes goodies behind when traveling. I'm also considering some drawers at the moment, which will have a good gap clearance between the top of the drawers and the bottom of the barrier. The brackets at the base sit too high so will look at those later so the mat sits flat (and/or drawers sit comfortably).

IMG_0862.JPG

(yes I need to fix the power sockets on both sides - playing with voltage meter combos)

Last edited:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Nice mods @straydingo where did you take the pics ?

Just a thought can led lights be installed in the rear bumper instead of the one on the carrier? Although you may have looked a that option.

Let me know if you want to do some more exploring again this year if time permits to mate.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks good mate and you will enjoy the extra range, best mod I ever did to the Pajero. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the swing away Carrier long term. I got convinced to wait on the LC and see how I d like the tail gate. I couldn't compromise the convienence now, but then I still have an auxiliary .

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Nice mods @straydingo where did you take the pics ?

Just a thought can led lights be installed in the rear bumper instead of the one on the carrier? Although you may have looked a that option.

Just up out of Erica @cruza driver. Just an easy drive day around mt matlock and woods point areas
I didn't look at lights in the bumper, but yeah, might do so at some stage. Messing around with the reverse sensor showed there wasn't a lot of room there for anything substantial tho, but didn't look with that actually in mind........ got me thinking now tho..... :)

Last edited: